normal
« Weird email
prev · 1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 ... 13 · 14 · 15 · next

goldfish1888

@fuse.net
reply to Umitencho

Re: [Scam] US Government Grant Department Fraud

just recieved this call.
9000 monies, western union. green dot voucher required of $170, most likely thy were going to try o get the number off of me before made it to western union. also, the number has changed, and the names.

mw108
mark wilson
202-738-4201
michael waed

Umitencho

join:2012-08-11
Jacksonville, FL
If they call you back, push for them to pay you by paypal first and that you will give them their upfront payment out of that. I bet they will get pushy for a card of some sort.

gotme2

@72.51.229.x
I got a call today telling me I was chosen for 8400 an all I had to do was call the manager to except in the mean time another called an the same confirmation no. said it was a 7500 so I got hold of that manager an then I needed 287$ for deposit that I would get back.When I started asking questions she replied she would lose her job an be in a bar if I didn't get my money..told her I would call back. The first callers manager then called me again an the same confirmation no. led me back to the first 8400$ grant with only 212$ application fee this time. When I asked how the same grant with the same confirmation kept changing she told me the other one was a scam..really. so I got a western union form to get information from her an I was to send my money to a Cogan Henson out of florida.Her name was so called Karyn Jones #202-470-3389/202-640-5461.watch out for these #'s too.they are busy on the phone today...

gotme2

@72.51.229.x
reply to poozer
the name they gave me was a Cogan Henson in Palm Harbor, Florida but she was calling from Washington, DC an the bank that deposits the money is US Bank of New York. That's all I could get from her.Shes blowing my phone up thinking i'm on my way to western union.

Umitencho

Jacksonville, FL
reply to gotme2
Lose her job? If only. I guess they are trying for sympathy to get you to pay.

Dlady

@sbcglobal.net
reply to Umitencho
Same thing happened to me I'm a single mother with 5 kids and they scammed me and took all the money I had. Numbers:646-807-2671 and 202-241-6404 beware of this people it's not a good feeling to lose money.

Ty

@myvzw.com
reply to Umitencho
The grant is up to $15,000.00 now. Accented man had my name, phone #, email, and address. I told him to drop off the check in person; I'll be the guy sitting on the porch with the shotgun.

Sakurashae

@siskiyous.edu
reply to Umitencho
I received a call from the same guy that the guy with the video posted. Same voice and everything. Figured I'd do some research BEFORE doing anything, including calling the number he gave me which was: 202-657-4861. I've noticed from reading other comments that the thing most of the numbers have in common is the 202-657 part and then the last 4 digits are different. Glad I did research before falling into the scam. Thank you person who posted about this. You are a life saver.

ripley

@comcast.net
Guess what!!! I received the same call same people same type of numbers same speech and every thing, I too have received grants from the actual govt and there is NO money to be paid to them to get your grant. The grant is normally like a pell grant for school and is normally not much more than 2500.00. First things first. The govt doesn't randomly select people to give money too. Second during this Govt shut down, if the IRS is closed down in parts I seriously doubt the Govt grants dept will stay open. These bunch of what sounds like people from India , with names like Sam Benjamin. Seriously!!! or Agnus Christie. Come on!!! They have called me like 6-8 times and I toy with them... Its fun. That was before I found this site. Now that I have found this site I will torchure them mentally. I will have to tell you I did spark my intrest to look to see if this could be real. These people who are attempting to scam us are getting better with their script and answers to the questions we may ask. The first time they called me they were not as smooth. I bet they are using store bought trac phones where you can request any area code the last four digits are always different when they call but they never change the area code. that's part of their gimmick. People please don't fall for this. Think about this. We the hard working tax paying actual Americans have a difficult time getting our tax refunds back. The Broke ass Government can barely pay their debt, so why would they give us money for nothing..

Briny

@comcast.net
I received a call at approx 11:30 am on 10/7/2013 from a woman who identified herself as "Dorothy" stating she was with the "U.S. Government Grant Agency". The call quality was poor and may have been international. The woman had a strong indian accent. Ther was a lot of background noise like it was coming from a call center. She stated that I had been selected to receive a government grant of approx $8000 that could be used for home improvement, car repair, etc. she asked how I would use the money and how I would like to receive it. She then asked for my checking account number and login so that the money could be deposited. I gave no information and tried to get as much info from her as possible before she got frustrated with me and hung up. She would not give me a contact number or a website. The number on caller ID was 828-303-5558.

vegas

@69.162.8.x
reply to Umitencho
i have been having fun with these people for weeks. my offer is $8000 and it was a Mr. Bruce Hector. He wants me to take $257 in cash to a western union to verify my idenity. I asked him where he was born and started to get him quite excited, he said he was from Texas! i told him he had to slow down when he talked because his heavy Texas accent was hard to understand. i have been calling back a lot. # 347-394-0227. the "confirmation number he gave me is fro128 and "security code is 323

Umitencho

Jacksonville, FL
reply to Briny
I recently just found my own account's wire number. I'll try giving them that next time. If they ever call me again.......so lonely.

Jen

@victory.edu
reply to Umitencho
Yes I just now had this happen to me! Almost exact same story!!! But the lady who called me said her Office Manager's name is Max Newman and he can be reached at 202-697-9898. The only difference is he said I also had the option of receiving this money via Western Union along with asking for my credit card information and/ or debit card information. SCAM!!!

Umitencho

Jacksonville, FL
With the gov't "shutdown" in the US. I bet they are gonna be in full force since you got a lot of scared people out there now.

Amona

@myvzw.com
reply to Umitencho
I received the same phone call (3 times they called from an unidentified number) and they told me to go to walmart and buy a $300 green card, to call them, give them the number of the card and they would give me the money... $7,500 plus $300 for the card. the number i called was 1-202-559-7624. so heads up everyone.

Amona

@myvzw.com
reply to Umitencho
Continued from previous post.... the name this woman gavwe me was kelly randal...

nwrickert
sand groper
Premium,MVM
join:2004-09-04
Geneva, IL
kudos:7
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
reply to Amona
said by Amona :

3 times they called from an unidentified number

Probably a spoofed number.
--
AT&T Uverse; Buffalo WHR-300HP router (behind the 2wire gateway); openSuSE 12.3; firefox 24.0

drjenkins

join:2005-03-30
Bealeton, VA
reply to Umitencho
i can't vouch for the veracity of the story, but it sounds plausible:

»notalwaysright.com/the-real-gove ··· ey/32347

Me: “This is the TSA Coordination Center for [Airport]. How may I help you?”

Caller: “This is the federal government calling to tell you that you’ve won a $5000 dollar grant.”

Tmack

@army.mil
reply to Umitencho
Hi all, I just received a similar phone call from a woman with a peculiar foreign accent. The scenario matches the one above. The call came from the following phone number:

(516) 673-0621

please be aware

TV

@bresnan.net
reply to Amona
I just received a phone call from an unknown telling me the same thing, from the US federal reserve, Grant section and I won 7500 if I put 300$ on a green dot money card. Pissed me off

Number was a 209-813-0490, she told me that she is on the east coast and her hours are 11-8pm EST, but her number comes from Manteca CA. When are these scammers going to pull their head out of their butts and realize that people are on to them.....the shame is, someone is going to take the bite......

drjenkins

join:2005-03-30
Bealeton, VA
Here's a note from Walmart
»www.walmartmoneycard.com/walmart
If anyone asks you to buy a Walmart MoneyCard and then give them the card number, it is a scam.

Bruthx

@sbcglobal.net
Just got a call from the US government grant Dept in Washington DC. Same scam except $9000 Grant was offered. I was one of 1700 chosen. As I was talking to him which name I couldn't understand I started googling the dept. Lo and behold I found all of this great information to let me know my suspicions were correct. Be careful out there because of the economy we are all in need but be careful. The contact supervisor given on my grant call is Richard Parker, 202 407-9192. A different phone number from the others but everything else was the same.

Bruthx

@sbcglobal.net
reply to vegas
LOL!

dischic

@162.72.133.x
reply to Umitencho
What is so funny is that I just received a call from these same people. I was actually did the exact same thing and goggled them when they were telling me about the so called grant. they are also calling from 2026665581

PISSEDOFF

@mycingular.net
reply to Umitencho
THEY ARE NOW CALLING FROM COMPLETELY BLOCKED NUMBERS! AND THEY CALL AT LEAST TWICE A WEEK!

benjie7

@comcast.net
reply to Umitencho
I just recieved this call. The gentleman had an middle eastern accent. He gave me a number to call his grant manager and confirm the number he was giving me. I call the manager and give him the number. He ask for my bank account which i dd not give. He told me to go to walmarts money center, but to call him before i talk to walmart. The catch was i have to give $300 to a charity of my choice. Then wait for the money which my $300 will be reimbursted. So my grsnt was for 7,000 and i will get $300 on top of that. Both had the same accents and said they worked at the us deparment of grants.

Name of 1st caller ryan miller, number 14692869841

Name of 2nd caller nelson hi number 12027381655 ext. 105

TiffanyUtah

@comcast.net
reply to Umitencho
Just got a call from this kind of thing too. Same 202 area code, but the number this time was (202) 738-1852. They have upped the grant amount to $9000 but the rest is all the same; I have been awarded because I paid taxes on time, I have no criminal record, blah blah blah. It's funny because they gave such, and not to sound racist at all, but regular english names like Nancy Cameron and Cassi Cravis, but they had super strong indian like accents. Definitely won't be depositing any amount to them and hope the many college students like me that they're probably calling don't fall for this kind of scam! So if you get a call, DON'T DO IT.

Mary

@sbcglobal.net
reply to Umitencho
I just had the same call ..
$7,000 bc I'm not a criminal ..
The call came up as from Washington DC
Name given was Sam Benjamin (heavy Accent from both ppl i spoke too)
(202)738-4616
Call back number the same..
Fake claim number RA146
What came up as red flag was i choice cash pmt. They said i needed to make a cash deposit through Western Union (been scammed before using Western Union) for $320 that would be refunded along with my $7,000 .. I hung up. Never Never send payment through Western Union.

LEO269

@bah.com
reply to Umitencho
This almost exact same thing happened to me today! the ONLY difference was that I did not divulge ANY personal information, and the number that called my was "unknown" also the number i was given to speak with a "Christy Wilson", was 202-738-1368. I hope getting this info out to the public can prevent young people from being takin advantage of.

V_S

@spcsdns.net
reply to Umitencho
I recieved the same call from this number 202) 621-5429. The lady said the exact same thing to me but I did not follow through or give them any personal information. Everyone just needs to be aware of scams.