spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

eoneon

@pacbell.net

canceling charter phone

Charter currently has a promotion where phone+internet+tv is the same price as just internet+tv. I dont have much use for the phone service and will cancel after the 12 month promotion.
Is there any reason not to just go with the phone service and cancel after 12 months?
thanks

msmisfit

join:2004-09-13
Lawrenceville, GA
kudos:2
The lack of response to your thread may be because people don't understand what you want.

Why would you sign up for telephone service you have no use for? [No matter what the price.]

cork1958
Cork
Premium
join:2000-02-26
Quite correct. OP's post makes absolutely no sense.

All 3 bundled are the same price as just the 2 services it sounds like OP wants. Why get all 3 to begin with then?
--
The Firefox alternative.
»www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/

uriei

@charter.com
reply to eoneon
just get ooma and have phone service for free (after you buy the hardware)

port your number from charter if you want.

i've been using ooma for several years now and couldn't be happier with it.

bobjohnson
Premium
join:2007-02-03
Orlando, FL
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
·T-Mobile US
reply to eoneon
said by eoneon :

Charter currently has a promotion where phone+internet+tv is the same price as just internet+tv. I dont have much use for the phone service and will cancel after the 12 month promotion.
Is there any reason not to just go with the phone service and cancel after 12 months?
thanks

I got the phone because they talked me into it. I found that I actually do use it. I figure why not get more for your money.
--

shercando
Premium
join:2001-03-05
Madison, WI

1 edit
The Charter Bundle offer is a package deal including three services. It's TV, Phone and Internet for $29.99 each. You can not break up the bundle by removing a service and still get the "reduced" price. Read that as a deceptive scam folks because Honesty In Advertising should require they state the full price you are required to pay every month which is $89.97 plus tax and other fees. If you are willing to pay $90 bucks plus tax and fees for TV and Internet just don't use their phone. You do not HAVE to use it and will not get a credit if you don't.

compuguybna

join:2009-06-17
Nashville, TN
Reviews:
·Millenicom
·HughesNet Satell..
·ooma
·Virgin Mobile Br..
reply to uriei
Add the $5.00 in taxes they bill you every month as well.....
As well as the $149 for the hardware.

said by uriei :

cork1958
Cork
Premium
join:2000-02-26
said by compuguybna:

Add the $5.00 in taxes they bill you every month as well.....
As well as the $149 for the hardware.

said by uriei :

That $149 is a one time thing though. I was looking into that after initially reading this thread. My Vonage is acting weird as far as the call waiting part and I was getting totally ticked, trying to fix it! Wouldn't take long to recoup that $149!

My Vonage is $18.16 a month including taxes/fees. That would be a $13 a month savings over Vonage. Have more than recouped after a year.

Still debating on making the switch, although doubtful, at the moment.
--
The Firefox alternative.
»www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/

compuguybna

join:2009-06-17
Nashville, TN
reply to eoneon
VONAGE has BASICTALK now for $9.99 + about $4 in taxes.
plus FREE equipment.

cooldude9919

join:2000-05-29
kudos:5
reply to eoneon
Went from charter to voip.ms and have been happy so far. Spent $10.01 since 3/15.

watts3000

join:2002-01-21
We went to the Obi110 using Google Voice however I do e911 through Anveo. The E911 cost around 0.80 a month. I can't see over paying for phone service it's so many voip options now.

»www.amazon.com/OBi110-Service-Br···045RMEPI

»www.anveo.com/faq.asp?code=faq_e911

cooldude9919

join:2000-05-29
kudos:5
said by watts3000:

We went to the Obi110 using Google Voice however I do e911 through Anveo. The E911 cost around 0.80 a month. I can't see over paying for phone service it's so many voip options now.

»www.amazon.com/OBi110-Service-Br···045RMEPI

»www.anveo.com/faq.asp?code=faq_e911

I was going to go GV, but I wanted to port my existing number, and you can only do cell numbers right now, so I would have had to port my land to cell, then to GV, etc. Would have been a pain.

I am also using the obi110 and I agree its great.