spc
uniqs

Pacomartin
join:2013-03-18
Bethlehem, PA

Pacomartin

[Equipment] "residential gateway"

»www.arrisi.com/support/d ··· d1-4.pdf

This Arris 852g "residential gateway" seems to combine the functions of a telephony modem and a router.

Why doesn't RCN adopt this piece of equipment? It seems like the two functions almost always go together.

Is there a piece of equipment that also includes a Moca Bridge?

Wilforte
@rcn.com

Wilforte

Anon

Re: [Equipment] "residential gateway"

I had a ubee brand gateway I think model dvw3201 when I had time Warner cable before I switched to rcn. It was the biggest piece of crap ever! Wireless had no range and phone never worked right. fast busy signals when I tried to make outgoing calls, needed reboot daily. Internet in it worked but was disrupted every time I revolted to restore phone.ended up canceling phone and swapped the ubee gateway unit for a motorola docsis 3 modem and used my own router.Just cause something sounds good on paper doesn't mean it functions well.

Pacomartin
join:2013-03-18
Bethlehem, PA

1 edit

Pacomartin

said by Wilforte :

I had a ubee brand gateway I think model dvw3201 when I had time Warner cable before I switched to rcn. It was the biggest piece of crap ever!

Thank you for your input. Reviews on Amazon are mixed, many are terrible.

Reviews on TG852G are muddied with problems with COMCAST. It seems that COMCAST charges $7 rent/mo rental on their modem. I believe it is $3 for RCN.

Since no one else is commenting, I must assume the argument is essentially the same as to why people don't purchase TV's with built in DVD players. They prefer to replace or upgrade one and not the other.