All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

eoneon
@pacbell.net

eoneon

Anon

will charter installers run wires within walls?

i bought my first home and will have Charter internet, tv, and phone. Currently the entire house appears to be pre-wired for cable and phone with cable wall jacks and phone jacks in every room. My hope is they can simply tap into the existing wires without having to run new ones in. But if for whatever reason they cannot do it, will it be possible to have the installer run the new wires within the walls like how the existing ones are? there is an attic crawl space to do this.
I would hate to have coax cables visibly running all over the place.
aguen
Premium Member
join:2003-07-16
Grants Pass, OR

aguen

Premium Member

Is there one central point (maybe a garage) where the COAX and phone cables come out to?
sittin_tech
join:2004-04-13
Rochester, MN

sittin_tech to eoneon

to eoneon
They might to a simple wall fish. Otherwise elections can normally find a way to get cable where you need it.
kherr
Premium Member
join:2000-09-04
Collinsville, IL

kherr to eoneon

Premium Member

to eoneon
They'll use as much existing as possible. Probably they will only need a cable from where it enters the house to wherever all the others terminate.

cork1958
Cork
Premium Member
join:2000-02-26

cork1958 to eoneon

Premium Member

to eoneon
If it's pre-wired for everything, there shouldn't be anything to fish, should there?

Only thing they should have to do is run cable from point of entry to where ever you're going to set the modem and then the cable for how many ever tv's you have.

According to another post of yours, you don't even want phone anyway, so that's nothing, which it wouldn't have been anyway, just a different modem they would have given you.