Premium
join:2002-11-17
Richmond, VA
Reviews:
·Comcast
·Verizon FiOS

1 recommendation

Re: Take FF group down or add Chrome

Part 1: presuming by "FF" you mean the Mozilla forum, then 'Object' (it's not exactly an "idle" forum, so "Mozilla envy" isn't really a sufficient reason for shutting it down).
Part 2: add Chrome -- do you mean just Chrome? none of the rest of Google? ...then 'I don't care' (either way, it's all the same to me)

freebird317
Premium
join:2004-02-23
Vancouver, WA
reply to freebird317
Yes FF is Firefox, yes Chrome is Google and only Chrome. They are both browsers. How about a section for browsers? Why should FF be the only browser with a forum here? No Mozilla envy here, just questioning???
--
Lead, Follow I do not care just get out of my way.

signmeuptoo
Bless you Howie
Premium
join:2001-11-22
NanoParticle
kudos:5
And yet you suggest wiping out the forum. Con.

John Galt
Forward, March
Premium
join:2004-09-30
Happy Camp
kudos:8

1 recommendation

reply to freebird317
*Sign*

There should a be a separate forum for each mainstream browser...

aefstoggaflm
Open Source Fan
Premium
join:2002-03-04
Bethlehem, PA
kudos:7
reply to freebird317
I agree with John Galt See Profile

Dustyn
Premium
join:2003-02-26
Ontario, CAN
kudos:11
reply to freebird317
Worded like an ultimatum instead of a request.
-PASS-

Mele20
Premium
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI

1 recommendation

reply to freebird317
Sea Monkey is not Fx but it is part of Mozilla so part of the Mozilla forum. That forum was created at a time when Fx was thought to be much more safe security wise than any other browser and before Chrome browser existed. Justin was very enamored of Fx at the time. Not only did we get the forum, but if you used IE here, or Opera, or even Mozilla browser (predecessor to Sea Monkey), you were "treated" to a site popup ad (that was always visible and could not be removed) that scolded you for not using Fx because it was much safer than other browsers. I wasn't an IE user but I used Mozilla browser, Fx and Opera and very occasionally IE, and was ticked at that ad when I wasn't using Fx here. So, maybe you should be happy that ad is long gone.

Justin moved to Chrome and Apple computers and no longer loves Fx. He has never fixed the problems that Opera has at this site. The current version of Opera on both Win 8 and XP is awful here. I started a thread about it in Site bugs ...only one reply and Justin is hardly ever here anymore so I guess zero interest in fixing the Opera problems (he never liked Opera anyway) and I would guess no interest in creating new forums for other browsers. Opera users were always told to use the Software forum for Opera issues. I think that would be the official answer for Chrome users, Safari users, etc also.
We were told anytime someone asked for an Opera forum or some other browser that when enough users used that particular browser then a forum would be much more likely.

--
When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson

Dustyn
Premium
Ontario, CAN

1 recommendation

I'd much rather see an Opera forum well before even considering a Chrome forum.
Expand your moderator at work

shrug

@videotron.ca
reply to Dustyn

Re: Take FF group down or add Chrome

Take FF down and forget about a chrome forum.

Replace them both with a waterfox forum!
»www.waterfoxproject.org/

Dustyn
Premium
Ontario, CAN
LOL...Far less likely to even be considered than what has already been mentioned.

Vchat20
Landing is the REAL challenge
Premium
join:2003-09-16
Columbus, OH

1 recommendation

reply to freebird317
I would much rather see the Android foum rolled into a general Google products forum with tags for different products.

Oregonian
Premium
join:2000-12-21
West Linn, OR
Reviews:
·Comcast

1 recommendation

said by Vchat20:

I would much rather see the Android foum rolled into a general Google products forum with tags for different products.

This.

FFH5
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ

2 recommendations

reply to Vchat20
said by Vchat20:

+1

And have 1 forum for browsers and have tags for FF, Chrome, IE, OPERA, Safari.
--
"If you want to anger a conservative lie to him.
If you want to anger a liberal tell him the truth."