spc
Search similar:

uniqs
54067323 (banned)
join:2012-09-25
Tuscaloosa, AL

2 recommendations

54067323 (banned)

Coaxial Surge Arrestors Ever Wonder What's Inside?

Ever wondered what is within these buggers, well here’s a couple dissected.

Two models of Andrew surge arrestors, on the left is a APTDC-BDFDM-DB which is described by Andrew as a, Arrestor Plus® LTE Band Quarterwave dc Passing Surge Arrestor (T-shaped), 698–2700 MHz.

And the one on the right is a APGMB-BNFNM-090 which is described as a Arrestor Plus® Gas Tube Surge Arrestor (90 V), 45–2170 MHz, with interface types N Female Bulkhead and N Male.

Upon removing the “T” from the APTDC, one finds within the T are two components, a standard 350 volt gas tube and the slug, which on one end connects to the pass-through within the body while the other end is against a spring loaded gas tube in the cap.

The second arrestor is of a simpler design with the gas tube pressed upon a plate within the pass-through.

superdog
I Need A Drink
MVM
join:2001-07-13
Lebanon, PA

superdog

MVM

Thanks for the pics. I had taken apart one many years ago, but forgot what it looked like in there, Lol

UHF
All static, all day, Forever
MVM
join:2002-05-24

UHF to 54067323

MVM

to 54067323
I once opened up a Polyphaser that was made for protecting Cellular Base Stations. The center pin has no DC path, in fact, it was an air gap! The only other thing in there was a single gas tube. All that for the low low price of about $100!
54067323 (banned)
join:2012-09-25
Tuscaloosa, AL

54067323 (banned)

said by UHF:

I once opened up a Polyphaser that was made for protecting Cellular Base Stations. The center pin has no DC path, in fact, it was an air gap! The only other thing in there was a single gas tube. All that for the low low price of about $100!

I think I have some Polyphasers in the junk box, will have to dig them out and crack a few open.