to bohratom

[IMG] Re: IMG 1.9.4

Got the update in Ma this AM.
DGGSLF
join:2007-04-14
Lynn, MA

DGGSLF

I noticed the update too.

One change I did see is that when I turned on two of my TVs, I did not get the red Verizon screen that normally shows up after the box reboots but rather, I got a small box in the upper right corner stating that the box is being updated and it will only take a minute, which it does.

During the period that the update info box is on the screen, you can't change the channels but at least the last channel viewed is on the screen. The power light on the front of the boxes (7100 and 7232) also stay out until the udate is completed.

When the kids are up, I'll check the other two TVs to see if I notice anything else.
chitchatjf
join:2008-07-13
Lawrence, MA

chitchatjf to Timothy28

to Timothy28
lost guide completly

Box reboot fixed it

Nezmo
The name's Bond. James Bond.
MVM
join:2004-11-10
Coppell, TX

Nezmo to DGGSLF

MVM

to DGGSLF
said by DGGSLF:

One change I did see is that when I turned on two of my TVs, I did not get the red Verizon screen that normally shows up after the box reboots but rather, I got a small box in the upper right corner stating that the box is being updated and it will only take a minute, which it does.

During the period that the update info box is on the screen, you can't change the channels but at least the last channel viewed is on the screen. The power light on the front of the boxes (7100 and 7232) also stay out until the udate is completed.

Yes, several others noted the same thing in this thread.

HenryFarpolo
Premium Member
join:2003-08-31
Andover, MA

HenryFarpolo

Premium Member

I didn't realize that audio alerts are enabled as an option in this update. As I recall, they were enabled in an earlier update, but were removed because of a problem they were causing.

The option is available to turn them on or off in the settings menu under audio.
DGGSLF
join:2007-04-14
Lynn, MA

DGGSLF to Nezmo

to Nezmo
Thanks Nezmo.

I didn't search all seven pages to see what others already posted. I just thought I would post my observations, in case anyone else cared, is all.

Nezmo
The name's Bond. James Bond.
MVM
join:2004-11-10
Coppell, TX

Nezmo

MVM

said by DGGSLF:

Thanks Nezmo.

I didn't search all seven pages to see what others already posted. I just thought I would post my observations, in case anyone else cared, is all.

Wasn't digging at you. Just pointing out it seems normal for this update and not something to be concerned about.

Agreed, these threads get too big to be of any use.
thetick
join:2009-06-22
White Plains, NY

thetick to Timothy28

to Timothy28
Still on 1.9.1 in VHO 5. Anyone know when VHO 5 will be getting the update?

matcarl
Premium Member
join:2007-03-09
Franklin Square, NY

matcarl

Premium Member

Hopefully this week because someone in our VHO that was on slow spin got it about two weeks ago.

frankpf3
Verizon Fios
join:2007-08-09
Huntington Station, NY

frankpf3

I Got it last Thursday. I am part of the slow spin group. Should be out very soon.

matcarl
Premium Member
join:2007-03-09
Franklin Square, NY

matcarl

Premium Member

Frank, where is that low power setting you mentioned?

frankpf3
Verizon Fios
Huntington Station, NY

frankpf3

I said that in a kidding manner. We all know how these roll outs usually go.............

Sorry for the confusion.

bluepoint
join:2001-03-24

bluepoint to matcarl

to matcarl
said by matcarl:

Hopefully this week because someone in our VHO that was on slow spin got it about two weeks ago.

What is a slow spin in a VHO?

nycdave
MVM
join:1999-11-16
Melville, NY

1 recommendation

nycdave

MVM

Testing new IMG software for a small number of boxes. Fast spin is when all boxes get the new IMG software.

bluepoint

bluepoint

said by nycdave:

Testing new IMG software for a small number of boxes.

Who are chosen in a slow spin? Are they designated?

nycdave
MVM
Melville, NY

nycdave

MVM

Test accounts and some customers.

bluepoint

bluepoint

If they were rolled in other areas(VHO) already, why is there a need for a slow spin?

nycdave
MVM
Melville, NY

nycdave

MVM

To make sure any problems are identified before fast spin that could break all the boxes in a VHO....

bluepoint

bluepoint

Okies, not a bad idea. Thanks.
sbernstein5
join:2005-01-18
10024-5650

sbernstein5 to Timothy28

to Timothy28
JUST hit me in NYC / VHO5 - 2:57AM

TitusTroy
join:2009-06-18
New York, NY

TitusTroy

said by sbernstein5:

JUST hit me in NYC / VHO5 - 2:57AM

same here...1.9.4 is up and running here in Manhattan

frankpf3
Verizon Fios
Huntington Station, NY

frankpf3 to Timothy28

to Timothy28
About time. All I noticed so far is fast forwarding a recording is much more responsive.

bluepoint

bluepoint to Timothy28

to Timothy28
Got the update this morning but it wasn't a clean upgrade. Channel numbers or guide(title in the bottom screen) on all our boxes aren't showing when changing channel manually, menu button from the remote is not responding, etc... In short, I have to reboot the router to get control of the stb. I'm sure there are others that have my experience and called V support.
gadgetboyj
Premium Member
join:2009-08-25
Staten Island, NY

gadgetboyj to Timothy28

Premium Member

to Timothy28
In Staten Island, New York, got the update around 3:00 AM, took around 20 minutes for the update to finish. One box was stuck at "This Terminal is Locked, Enter PIN Code" while all the others worked for live TV. All seems well now, on the later Motorola DVRs.

kingofk1ngs
@verizon.net

kingofk1ngs

Anon

Got the update in Manhattan overnight. Any list out there of what's in the update?
jimboe
join:2000-08-14
New York

jimboe to Timothy28

to Timothy28
vho5 got it too..

not sure if this is from the update or the new guide data provider, but many of my series recordings' times are off necessitating they be re-setup.

See my post in the other thread.

typical VZ QA. Their call center will be taking a hit from the less savvy.
MacAlert
join:2005-03-16
Flushing, NY

MacAlert

Have you tried rebooting the box? Also try using the repair feature in settings (sorry, don't remember what it's called and not home).
kennye
join:2009-02-05
Carrollton, TX

kennye to jimboe

to jimboe
said by jimboe:

vho5 got it too..

not sure if this is from the update or the new guide data provider, but many of my series recordings' times are off necessitating they be re-setup.

See my post in the other thread.

typical VZ QA. Their call center will be taking a hit from the less savvy.

I think the scheduling differences are related to the guide change. There were a number of shows that needed to be rescheduled, like Masterpiece Mystery. Previously, scheduling Masterpiece caught everything. Now you need to schedule Masterpiece Mystery. It is a good idea to check your scheduled shows and series.

nycdave
MVM
Melville, NY

nycdave

MVM

But VHO5 doesn't have the new guide changes yet, so this isn't related to that.
jimboe
join:2000-08-14
New York

jimboe to MacAlert

to MacAlert
Yes I did try rebooting the box.

As we have not gotten the guide yet, the screwed up series' are an "enhancement" of the new IMG.

The only one I can see in fact. And I will be reminded of it repeatedly over the next few months as some of the series I record are in re-run's now so I cannot reschedule those series for first-run only since they wont be in the guide (some of them) for a few more months.

Someone also said remote dvr functions are more responsive. No difference at all seen by me.