Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

aaronwt
Premium
join:2004-11-07
Woodbridge, VA

61 cents??

So are people really going to cancel their service over a 61 cent monthly increase?

BosstonesOwn

join:2002-12-15
Wakefield, MA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
It's the principal of things, would you be happy if they raised it $1 every month until they got a normal phone contract to $150 and $50 more per phone ?

It's more about stopping them from doing this stuff when ever they feel they want to.
--
"It's always funny until someone gets hurt......and then it's absolutely friggin' hysterical!"

FFH5
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
kudos:5
reply to aaronwt
said by aaronwt:

So are people really going to cancel their service over a 61 cent monthly increase?

No, almost no one is. And even those who say they will are just blowing smoke in a public forum and will do nothing. And other than retired people, who has the time to spend hours on the phone to save 61 cents/mo.
--
"If you want to anger a conservative lie to him.
If you want to anger a liberal tell him the truth."

ISurfTooMuch

join:2007-04-23
Tuscaloosa, AL
I suspect It isn't about the 61 cents for most people. Many of them probably want out because of a degradation of service in their area. This new fee just gives them that option. And, honestly, I don't see anything wrong with it. The carriers can screw with how well their service works, and customers have no recourse, so I have no problems with customers who feel they're being ripped off using a technicality to get out of their contracts. Because, if the situation was reversed, you can bet that the carrier would use any technicality they could find to stick it to customers.

xenophon

join:2007-09-17
Oddly if they just raised the standard plan rate 61 cents/month, no one would notice. Making it a separate fee stands out.

ISurfTooMuch

join:2007-04-23
Tuscaloosa, AL
I think it's an advertising thing. They don't want to have to raise the rates in their ads. Although I still maintain that these practices should be investigated by the FTC as false advertising. After all, these aren't government-mandated fees; they're hidden price increases that should be included in the advertised price.

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium
join:2001-04-27
Phoenix, AZ
kudos:4
reply to aaronwt
said by aaronwt:

When it gives unhappy subs a way out with no ETF, you bet!
--
Despises any post with strings.