All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
David1989
join:2013-05-30

David1989

.61 times 4

For a family that have 4 lines, this new fee will be a total of $29.28 a year. Yes that is a big increase. This should be big enough to get out of your contract.
88615298 (banned)
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness

88615298 (banned)

said by David1989:

For a family that have 4 lines, this new fee will be a total of $29.28 a year. Yes that is a big increase. This should be big enough to get out of your contract.

BIG increase? If $30 a year is going to break someone then perhaps having cell phone service shouldn't be a priority. And no I'm not justifying this fee. I'm stating that saying $30 is a "big" increase is hyperbole. Maybe 1%-2% at most.

Karl Bode
News Guy
join:2000-03-02

Karl Bode

News Guy

The Administrative Mobility fee alone delivers $500 million to AT&T each year for doing NOTHING. Add in the "regulatory recovery fee" and the context of other rate hikes and it is all a big deal. Arguing that one fee alone is ok because it isn't very much is precisely what AT&T relies on to keep people pliant.

Corehhi
join:2002-01-28
Bluffton, SC

Corehhi to 88615298

to 88615298
said by 88615298:

said by David1989:

BIG increase? If $30 a year is going to break someone then perhaps having cell phone service shouldn't be a priority. And no I'm not justifying this fee. I'm stating that saying $30 is a "big" increase is hyperbole. Maybe 1%-2% at most.

That's the trap liberals have use for years it's only a few more dollar, save the children, save the water, save the animals, save what ever. Just this time around it's a profit making company not the government. Have a couple of kids, a house etc. and see how you feel about price creep on everything.....

ArrayList
DevOps
Premium Member
join:2005-03-19
Mullica Hill, NJ

ArrayList to 88615298

Premium Member

to 88615298
you are a man of principle, I see.
ArrayList

ArrayList to Corehhi

Premium Member

to Corehhi
Liberals? what?!

cableties
Premium Member
join:2005-01-27

1 recommendation

cableties to Karl Bode

Premium Member

to Karl Bode
Karl,

Just deny everyone access to the BBR until they commit to a "regulatory recovery fee".

And that fee to ATT is almost $15 per phone per contract, IN ADDITION to the other fees.

Looks like when my contract is up, I am buying a phone outright and going monthly. This sh-t is exactly the reason companies need to be REGULATED. ATT just wants to replace the "Spanish American War tax" that was removed years ago (although they collected it since 1932! That's 3% tax...for over 60years.

Does the Fed audit ATT (also see Verizon) for these "fees"? Does the regulatory commission actual see any return? Doubt it. Written off as a loss...folded into the pension mire and advertising write-offs...
Crookshanks
join:2008-02-04
Binghamton, NY

Crookshanks to Karl Bode

to Karl Bode
Building a nationwide LTE network is "doing NOTHING"?

Depending on your vantage point this may be a "sneaky" way to raise costs, but nobody can claim with a straight face that AT&T/Verizon/et. all are doing "nothing". They are investing billions of dollars into their infrastructure and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future.