Gone Fishing

4 edits

1 recommendation

Gone Fishing

Premium Member

quote:
p i r o . s a k u r a . n e . j p
History
There is the updating history and the list of known problems.

• Works on Firefox 25 and later.
• Fixed: Restore tree structure correctly for "undo close tab" feature, even if the tab had no child. (It was a regression on the version 0.14.2013052901.)
• Improved: New tab from DragIt is opened as a child of the current tab.
• Fixed: Don't shrink tab bar automatically, when the user selects a background tab.
• Improved: Update label of Firefox's "Close Tabs to the Right" menu item to "Close Tabs to the Bottom" in the vertical tab bar.
• Fixed: Don't break tree structure by drag and drop of a child tab to move it to the upper level.
• Fixed: Detect new tabs opened from content scripts more correctly.
• Fixed: Show favicon for dummy (group) tabs correctly on Firefox 22.
• Fixed: Detect dummy (group) tabs correctly. (Fixed by Infocatcher. Thanks!)
• Fixed: On Firefox 23 and later, ignore the preference "hide the tab bar when there is only one tab" because it was available on Firefox 22 or older versions.
• Fixed: Resolve visual glitch of the tab bar after showing/hiding a toolbar.
• Fixed: Works with bug489729 (Disable detach and tear off tab).
• Improved: Introduce the concept "temporary group tab" and "permanent group tab". And close needless group tabs automatically only when it is marked as temporary. Automatically opened group (dummy) tabs are temporary, and manually opened tabs are permanently by default. You can make group tabs always permanent by these preferences extensions.treestyletab.openGroupBookmark.temporaryGroup (for bookmark groups) and extensions.treestyletab.createSubtree.underParent.temporaryGroup (for "create new tree from selected tabs" feature) with the value false.
• Fixed: Show/hide tab bar correctly after the grippy is clicked.
• Fixed: Don't freeze on the interface to edit bookmarks, even if there are too many bookmarks in the same folder.
• ru locale is updated by Infocatcher. Thanks!

»piro.sakura.ne.jp/xul/_t ··· download
Mele20
Premium Member
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI

Mele20 to Gone Fishing

Premium Member

to Gone Fishing
So, this update is only for Fx 25? Is that what "Works on Firefox 25 and later" means? If so, then why I am I offered the update when I am on Fx 17.0.8 ESR?

Informational tab and Multiple tab handler show no updates for me. I only see an update for Tree Style tab.

Grail Knight

Premium Member
join:2003-05-31
Valhalla

1 recommendation

Grail Knight

Premium Member

Have you looked at the install.rdf of the addon Marilyn?
It states it works with Fx v10.0 - 25.0a1 so if you are using 17.0.8 then the update will work with your version of Fx.
Mele20
Premium Member
Hilo, HI

Mele20

Premium Member

No, I didn't look at that as I haven't downloaded it. I guess the version prior to this new one did not work on Fx 25 and Piro meant to convey that this new version will work on Fx25. Otherwise, why didn't he just say it works on all version from 10.0 on including 25? That would be clearer at least to me.

Grail Knight

Premium Member
join:2003-05-31
Valhalla

Grail Knight

Premium Member

Ask him why he does not state that.

I always check min/max versions before installing anything just because I have found on more than one occasion the dev. states something on AMO but forgets to change the install.rdf.

I also have downloaded everything I have installed in Fx.
Mele20
Premium Member
Hilo, HI

Mele20 to Gone Fishing

Premium Member

to Gone Fishing
Do NOT install this unless you have Fx 25. It made a big mess on fX 17.0.8 ESR. It didn't update the version I have installed. Instead after I restarted Fx, I have the new version waiting for me to restart to update the old version which makes no sense because I already restarted and Tree Style Tabs did not update.

I also have in Addons now a SECOND Tree Style Tabs extension that says it will install Tree Style Tabs for the FIRST TIME after I restart. UGH. I will lose all my settings!

So, I tried to UNDO the the SECOND Tree Style Tabs that wants to install as though I have never had this extension before. When I tried to undo this one I was told that the Tree Style Tabs that I currently have would be UNinstalled and the new Tree Style Tabs would be installed! I want to get rid of the New Tree Style Tabs as I want to UPDATE the current Tree Style Tabs not uninstall it and install a brand new Tree Style Tabs! IT'S A REAL MESS AND I SEE NO WAY TO FIX IT.

I have a restore point from Aug 20. If I use it will that put Fx back to before I did the extension updates a few minutes ago?
Mele20

Mele20 to Grail Knight

Premium Member

to Grail Knight
said by Grail Knight:

Ask him why he does not state that.

It's a bit difficult to ask him since I recently cancelled my Github subscription for security/privacy reasons.

Gone Fishing
Premium Member
join:2001-06-29

Gone Fishing

Premium Member

Tree Style Tab v. 0.14.2013082201

Tested with:

• Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.2; WOW64; rv:17.0) Gecko/20130821 Firefox/17.0 - Build ID: 20130821000505

• Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.2; WOW64; rv:24.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/24.0 - Build ID: 20130819170952

• Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.2; WOW64; rv:25.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/25.0 - Build ID: 20130822004006

• Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.2; WOW64; rv:26.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/26.0 - Build ID: 20130822030204

• Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.2; Win64; x64; rv:26.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/26.0 - Build ID: 20130822030204

NP
Mele20
Premium Member
Hilo, HI

Mele20

Premium Member

I had to restart Fx today because the three tabs open to this site were all messed up....I have no idea what Justin did while I was sleeping but I don't use the secure site here ...yet all dslr tabs were open to it today (ignoring my url for my home page which is postlist/all here but not the secure address) and Fx was complaining on each tab because I don't allow GoDaddy certs on a global basis and Fx is still incapable of properly handling that (IE and Opera are fine in that regard). Anyway, it necessitated a restart of Fx and when I shut it down, I remembered too late that there might be a problem with TBE...but after it restarted the new TBE was gone in Addons and the one I was using had updated properly.

Gone Fishing
Premium Member
join:2001-06-29

1 recommendation

Gone Fishing

Premium Member

More Info/Links @ DSLR: »[Extension] Tabextensions 3 (TBE3) Updated
Gone Fishing

1 edit

Gone Fishing

Premium Member

Tabextensions 3 (TBE3) Updated

quote:
Tree Style Tab Ver.0.14.2013112901 for Mozilla Firefox
• Improved: Better compatibility with someone who change visibility of the tab bar, like "auto hide tab bar for last single tab" feature of Tab Mix Plus, Pale Moon, and Hide Tab Bar With One Tab.
• Improved: Better compatibility with Context Search. Now search result tabs are opened as children of the current tab.
• Modified: Expand the shrunken tab bar immediately when the mouse pointer moves onto the tab bar, if the size of teh tab bar is fixed.
• Modified: Keep the UI to modify relations of bookmarks disabled, for bookmark items in the "Unsorted Bookmarks" folder. (Because people won't open all items in the folder as a tree of tabs by middle-click on the folder.)
• Modified: Updated pinned tabs are highlighted by TST itself.
• Fixed: Hide (or collapse) the tab bar correctly with delay, when a tab is opened or closed in the "auto hide" mode.
• Fixed: Better responsibility for bookmark management UI when there are very large number of sibling bookmarks in a folder.
• Fixed: Save and restore both sizes of expanded and shrunken tab bar correctly, on the next startup.
• Fixed: Re-show the tab bar correctly when the F11 key is pressed to exit from the DOM full-screen mode.
• Fixed: Show the tab bar again correctly when I click the grippy in the splitter.
• Fixed: Show the tab bar again correctly when I drag the splitter.
• Fixed: Correctly update "list all tabs" menu if there is pinned tabs (by Infocatcher. Thanks!)
Fixed: Better compatibility with "Australis".
• Fixed: Don't disable background color of tabs when Tab Mix Plus is installed.
• Fixed: Open tabs from user scripts with Greasemonkey 1.11 correctly.
• fr-FR locale is updated by AxlMun. Thanks!

More Info/Links @ DSLR: »[Extension] Tabextensions 3 (TBE3) Updated
Mele20
Premium Member
Hilo, HI

Mele20

Premium Member

That's not new. I've had this version for some time now.