how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

rhendrix9

join:2003-10-05
Marietta, GA

Internet options for Marietta

I have Earthlink DSL at 3.0, I cannot get anything faster from Earthlink.
At&t says all the ports for DSL are taken but I can go to U-verse.
And Comcast is available.
The AT&T and Comcast websites seem to be convoluted and deceptive and their respective CSR's don't feel honest.

Where can I go to find the real scoop and real prices.

U-verse seems good but I don't know where the CSR got the price so it is hard to believe them!

I have a landline I could bundle (can't talk my wife out of dropping it)

skj
Welcome to the far side of reality
Premium,Mod
join:2002-04-04
Gone South
kudos:1

What is deceptive about the websites?
If you are offered a price by a CSR that is different from what you see on the website, get them to send you the price through email. I would then verify it by talking to another CSR.
--

Reality is the leading cause of stress among those who are in touch with it.--Jane Wagner

rhendrix9

Marietta, GA

I hate it when you can't get the actual price. Showing a price that is good for 6 or 24 months is deceptive, show the damn price.

The csr said he was unable to send me the configuration or price he came up with, (he just wanted to write up an order). I want to see in writing what I am buying before I buy.

NOCTech75
Premium
join:2009-06-29
Marietta, GA
Reviews:
·Comcast

I'll post my current Comcast bill amounts later tonight, probably will be 2300ish as I have an iRace to do. When Comcast is on.. they are fine, just I have had issues with packet loss/latency that took a long to solve(weeks). Of course this really fracks with iRacing.. luckily in the past 6 months it's been pretty solid.

skj
Welcome to the far side of reality
Premium,Mod
join:2002-04-04
Gone South
kudos:1
reply to rhendrix9

said by rhendrix9:

I hate it when you can't get the actual price. Showing a price that is good for 6 or 24 months is deceptive, show the damn price.

The csr said he was unable to send me the configuration or price he came up with, (he just wanted to write up an order). I want to see in writing what I am buying before I buy.

If the price they are giving you is different than what is on the website, and they will not give you something in writing, than don't trust it.
--

Reality is the leading cause of stress among those who are in touch with it.--Jane Wagner

NOCTech75
Premium
join:2009-06-29
Marietta, GA
reply to NOCTech75

Current pricing:

Digital Preferred - 83.90
Internet - 58.95
Crap 5.73

rhendrix9

Marietta, GA
reply to skj

This is what he told me;
Paul: Robert Elite standalone will cost you $29.95 and if you bundle it with home phone 250 it will cost you $44.95 a month
Robert: is that the normal price
Paul: Yes Its the normal price.
Paul: And I have a good news the for $44.95 you can go with Max that is 12 mbps
Robert: will that price change
Paul: No.
Paul: Price will be $44.95