how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Breadwinka

join:2008-06-08
Kitchener, ON

Switching to start :D

So I just called and cancelled rogers and my cancel date is the 30th, to minimize downtime am i able to select any date before the cancel date when I switch so lets say June 17th. I will be using a modem rented from start as well.

rocca
Start.ca
Premium
join:2008-11-16
London, ON
kudos:23
Yes no problem at all picking an earlier date. Thanks and welcome to Start!

Breadwinka

Kitchener, ON
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
Thanks rocca been wanting to do this for awhile. Can't wait for the switch. Just completed the order . Ill probably be deciding on upgrading to the 150 tier when it releases as well.

Balin

join:2013-04-24
reply to Breadwinka
My switch over from Rogers happened yesterday. It was a seamless experience. I didn't have to make any calls to support. It was just a matter of powering off/disconnecting the Rogers cable modem and connecting and powering on the START cable modem. I bet I only had 5 minutes of down time.

Breadwinka

Kitchener, ON
Just got the modem in the mail today such a big tease. Can't wait for the 14th when I can switch over completely.

OntarioTL

join:2013-03-05
London, ON
I know the feeling. My start date is this friday and I can't wait to remove rogers modem then. Sure I'll be dropping down from 75/2 to 45/4 but I do have the option of 150/10.
Just to have a bigger cap, unlimited late nights (which I havent seen in years) and the cost is well worth it.

Breadwinka

Kitchener, ON
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
reply to Breadwinka
Got a call today saying it went live today. Was at work so I couldn't try it out got home plugged in the new modem, took about 10 min and everything is working awesome .

DrugTito

join:2013-01-17
canada
no speed boost ?:P

Breadwinka

Kitchener, ON
It peaked to 200 then slows right down to 45

DrugTito

join:2013-01-17
canada
i am just joking with you

Welcome to S T A R T

Breadwinka

Kitchener, ON
Thanks glad I dumped rogers

jmck
formerly 'shaded'

join:2010-10-02
Ottawa, ON
nice latency.

FiberToTheX
Premium
join:2013-03-14
reply to Breadwinka
Welcome to Start. That's a great latency.

Breadwinka

Kitchener, ON
Ya the latency is pretty damn good specially since im in Kitchener. Its usually around 18 when i ping to toronto before i switched.