spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

ddoser

@shawcable.net

a ddoser

so there is this guy that keeps ddosing me, my friends and a server we play on game on. We have a recording of him saying hes going to ddos our server ect does anyone know if theres anyway to report him to the police or anything and if the recording is enough for them to do anything? we have his ip as well so we can give that to the police in the city he lives in for them to find him.

join:2013-02-02
Whistler, BC

if you put your shaw modem in bridge mode and connected a router u could change the mac to force an ip change and it would solve your problems, or you could get more download speed, i haven't successfully been hit off ever since i got upgraded to 100 down, lemme kno if u need any help dude i play cod and people love to hit me offline so ive learned how to deal with it fairly well

a ddoser

@shawcable.net
reply to ddoser

we also just found a video of him doing it on twitch

kevinds
Premium
join:2003-05-01
Calgary, AB
kudos:3
reply to ddoser

Depending on where they are located...

IC3, police will take a report but likely won't care

Their ISP if you have their IP

Grap the IPs involved in the DDoS and report them to their ISP, most ISPs don't want that crap orginating from their network
--
Yes, I am not employed and looking for IT work. Have passport, will travel.

Whistler, BC

1 edit

if its on gamebattles you just need to save the logs and show it to someone in support ,they will get banned forever, other then that nothing u can really do and not to many kids hit people off on gb's anymore, i kno its anoying, and the only way to really get em back is to get your own booter, tho i dont encourage this. also, always keep your xbox live party on private, and NEVER JOIN a random/ or person your playing againsts party, thats often how they narrow down wich ip is yours, if randoms invite you to party send em voice message asking what, atleast thats what i do

do you have the cisco dpc3825, if so is it in bridge or gateway mode?

ddoser

@shawcable.net

well he lives in the usa and like he was streaming with a cam while ddosing and have a recording of him saying hes going to do it... its a federal crime you would think with all that proof something would be able to get done about it :\ we have his ip so ya we can get a hold of his isp but thats not going to stop him

Whistler, BC

even if you took him to court you probably wouldnt get to much out of it....... somethings just arent worth the hassle, its also a federal crime to smoke weed but any cop that actually cares about that is an idiot......

now is your modem bridged or not, if it was u could fix this easy

ddoser

@shawcable.net

no its not but he doesnt really ddos me that much its more about ddosing the servers which he does constantly

kevinds
Premium
join:2003-05-01
Calgary, AB
kudos:3
reply to ddoser

They live in the United States, then IC3 is the best place to report it to, and their ISP for harmful network activity that harms other people, and threating to do harm to people's computer systems online.

People are correct that not much will happen though.

I've gotten success with brute-force attacks against my servers though, their ISP shut down their internet connection.
--
Yes, I am not employed and looking for IT work. Have passport, will travel.

Whistler, BC
reply to ddoser

ddos'ing your servers?