All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
VectorBoy3
join:2010-06-03

VectorBoy3

My account is being grandfathered?

Signed up for the Pro Cable internet about two months ago, which is/was 45/4.. I don't think that's changed at all, but just checked on the usage meter and it's telling me I'm on an outdated plan?

Any idea what's up with this?

edit: looks like my quota is 350gb, but the listed is 300gb.. is this the only change? Do I still qualify for the 2am unlimited window?

jmck
formerly 'shaded'
join:2010-10-02
Ottawa, ON

jmck

does it say what your monthly cap is? i believe the older plan from a few months ago for 45/5 was 300GB usage while the new one is 250GB but also includes unlimited usage between 2-8am.

yours might actually be better if you don't do large downloads between that free window.

it's free the switch, you can likely just message rocca here on DSLR with your account info or email support but once you switch to the new plan you won't be able to go back.

FiberToTheX
Premium Member
join:2013-03-14

FiberToTheX

Premium Member

said by jmck:

does it say what your monthly cap is? i believe the older plan from a few months ago for 45/5 was 300GB usage while the new one is 250GB but also includes unlimited usage between 2-8am.

yours might actually be better if you don't do large downloads between that free window.

it's free the switch, you can likely just message rocca here on DSLR with your account info or email support but once you switch to the new plan you won't be able to go back.

The Old 45/4 is 350Gb without the 2-8am unlimited window. I am currently on the 45/4 and the cap is 300Gb so all that changed from the original 45/4 to the current 45/4 was the 50Gb cap difference and unlimited 2-8am window.

jmck
formerly 'shaded'
join:2010-10-02
Ottawa, ON

jmck

ah right I forgot the exact numbers.

rocca
Start.ca
Premium Member
join:2008-11-16
London, ON

rocca to VectorBoy3

Premium Member

to VectorBoy3
You signed up before the current package change - the new package is 300GB with an unlimited window between 2am and 8am. You're on 350GB without the unlimited window. It's your choice, you can stay on the grandfathered plan no problem or you can change to a current plan if the unlimited window makes more sense for you.