dbirdman
MVM
join:2003-07-07
usa

dbirdman to huninator

MVM

to huninator

Re: [HN9000] port forwarding with static ip

The online open port checkers will usually report all ports open for Hughes users whether they are or not, so no.

NAT is not something you are likely to be able to turn off in anything except a commercial router, but in any case it doesn't matter. My home webcams are behind a router behind a router behind a DSL router/modem, in other words triple NAT. I have to port forward from the modem to the first router, then from the first router to the second, then from the second to the camera recorder. Other than figuring out the commands to forward (and almost always you have to also open the ports in the router's firewall) it doesn't matter how deep you are NATed.

huninator
@cox.net

huninator

Anon

Thats strange because the port checkers that i have used report most ports to be closed even when i have DMZ enabled. The weird thing is that it will show some of the ports that i have enabled open at random times when checked multiple times within five minutes or so. That makes no sense to me. 8080 is the only port that consistently is shown open but even that port will show randomly closed. i am still able to access the router though. If double NAT is not the issue then i don't know what else to try besides a different router which i will try as soon as i am able to get on location. The wrt54g that is there IS set up statically. What about DNS servers? I had to input those as well but used the same DNS ip's that showed when router was set up as DHCP. As far as the wrong ip.....ya i don't think thats what i am doing because of access to the router, but just as a check i just tried it with the other ip. I called hughes net again and they did turn off the turbo page but that did not help.