uniqs

cork1958
Cork
Premium Member
join:2000-02-26

4 edits

cork1958

Premium Member

Phone disconnects when incoming call (call waiting)

Just recently started having an issue where my calls all get dropped if I'm talking to some one and a call comes in. In other words, the call waiting feature is not working correctly. I have the VDV-22 adpater

I have a whole list of error messages in the adapters logs saying Short in Line 1 Message [015] Phone port 1 may be connected to a faulty phone or phone line. Please plug known good phone using known good cable to green port 1.

I actually have 2 phone lines going out of port 1 with a splitter at the adapter and the wall jack. 1 line is for an amplifier for ringing in basement, as it's often quite noisy there. Will try unplugging and removing that. I'd have to assume that might be the issue but both splitters were brand new and working fine previously. Just don't have any extra splitters available and wanted to ask this before going out and buying a couple more.

Anyone ever experienced this and found out what the issue was so I don't have to go through the troubles of removing everything and testing stuff 1 step at a time?

Thank you

Edit:
I have tried the steps here, although confused about the part that says from the front of your adapter to run the test. I have NOTHING on the front of adpater to do anything, so went into GUI and ran test. The only thing available there is to ping adapter. »support.vonage.ca/app/an ··· solve#13 and no difference as far as erros in log.

Edit 2:
Guess I got it figured out or at least call waiting is working and my voice mail indicator light isn't constantly flashing anymore. Didn't really do anything other than remove that amplifier thing and splitter and tried plugging phone line into the phone #2 jack, just for the heck of it. After putting it back in the correct jack, it started working correctly! Go figure!!

Amazing, the dumbest things seem to fix issues with electronics, some times!
cork1958

2 edits

cork1958

Premium Member

Going to reply to my own topic so as to let you know my issue is not fixed!

I have replaced phone, removed the phone, and bought new line to phone #1 as per my error in adapter log.

The phone line indicator/voice mail light on my VDV22 adapter (light furthest to the left) is constantly blinking as before, so I know call waiting will not work as per my trouble shooting from above. If that stays on, like it should normally, call waiting works.

Personally,
I'm thinking the adapter is junk as I have nothing left that I can do. All phones are less than a year old and I have tried all 3 base units on phone line 1.

Anyone have any ideas?

Edit:
Just for kicks, i logged into my Vonage account and toggled call waiting off/on. Light on adapter is not flashing now! What the heck is up with this stupid thing?

Edit 2:
I e-mailed Vonage about this issue and here's what they replied:

The issue can either be due to the line or with the Vonage phone adapter itself. The line issues can be easily resolved by refreshing the line properties from our end. By this your Vonage phone line will download new profile from our server.

As such, I have refreshed the line properties of your phone line and I have placed your Vonage adapter under monitoring. For the changes to take effect please reboot your adapter as per the steps mentioned in the below web link:

Note: Do not connect your telephone equipment while rebooting the device. While refreshing the line properties, I was required to update your 911 address and I have updated the same. You will be receiving an automated email from Vonage, kindly verify.

»support.vonage.com/app/a ··· d/1047#1

Now connect your telephone equipment directly to phone port 1 of your adapter and check for the status of the issue.

If the device is found to be defective, I will surely provide a free replacement device without incurring any charges on your account

At least when I rebooted every thing, the adapter's phone line indicator didn't start blinking.
Thank you