All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
mattsmylie
join:2004-12-23
Pullman, WA

mattsmylie

Re: [TWC] New customer questions - Pullman, WA

Finally up and running, and I can confirm that I ended up with a DCH-6416, which is awful with two tuners, and guide/setting screens in low-resolution 4:3. I'll probably try to tough it out for a while until the rumored new Tivos are announced, but this garbage.

Can anyone confirm that I should only be getting one HBO and one Cinemax channel in HD, with all the others running in SD?

motorola870
join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX

motorola870

said by mattsmylie:

Finally up and running, and I can confirm that I ended up with a DCH-6416, which is awful with two tuners, and guide/setting screens in low-resolution 4:3. I'll probably try to tough it out for a while until the rumored new Tivos are announced, but this garbage.

Can anyone confirm that I should only be getting one HBO and one Cinemax channel in HD, with all the others running in SD?

yes until TWC decides to pull the trigger on adding more HD channels in your area by removing analogs or using up what ever bandwidth is left on the system unused I know that the ID/WA TWC systems are 860MHz and are running over 100 HD channels non SDV so they should be close to maxing out the bandwidth not to mention DOCSIS 3.0 is active in these areas so they have 4 downstream internet channels in use and the system does not have digital simulcast yet which is why they are still installing DCH6416s if the area does get digital simulcast active you should be able to get a DCX3510 with Navigator eventually after they finish testing Navigator on the system. I don't think digital simulcast is coming to Pullman or Washington until TWC decides to remove several analogs which I want to say will happen once TWC starts their new lineup rollout later this year but I am betting it won't be till end of 2013/early 2014 at the earliest until major additions in HD are headed your way. Last year TWC added a lot of HD channels in the Washington/Idaho systems so the systems are maxed out for right now. I would say be glad that they added as many HD channels as they did as some systems with SDV in KY on TWC have less HD channels than you do I think your system has almost 110 HD channels. I can see the SD versions of Movieplex, Retroplex, Indieplex, and Encore Espanol being added and Encore On Demand when TWC starts adding those channels nationwide as they just reached a new agreement with Starz. I think that TWC could have a few QAM carriers open but not many on your system.

TechTWC
@myvzw.com

TechTWC to mattsmylie

Anon

to mattsmylie
How can anyone confirm that ur suppose to be getting hbo and max when we don't kno why package u ordered. Specific lineup to ur area is avail on TWC.com. Newly installed boxes may for a day or two have more channels then ur paying for.