join:2004-12-02
Reading, PA
·PenTeleData
ARRIS SB8200

cypherstream to dishrich

MVM

to dishrich

Re: iGuide A30

I'm just wondering if the ability to tailor the guide listing is an A30 feature. Like I said back when I lived within the system, you saw the full guide, 1 to 999 on every box. Whatever you didn't pay for you got the NA screen. The difference? I-Guide A28 was installed on the system back then.

I do remember for a long time ch 55 CMT worked fine, even in Limited Basic mode. Funny, fast forward a few years later CMT shows up in this new limited basic map, but finally they fixed the authorization thing for it.

It was a weird lineup. big random holes between 27 and 1999. Guess they don't have a QC person to double check the various tiers. It'd be a great idea if it was accurate. Another great idea would be HD Auto Tune to HD boxes. Seeing they can be sent a separate map. 95% of the time people punch in the single / double digit number and never even watch HD in the 790+ range.
dishrich
join:2006-05-12
Springfield, IL

1 edit

dishrich

said by cypherstream:

I'm just wondering if the ability to tailor the guide listing is an A30 feature.

And I'm saying NO, because we obviously did NOT have A30 back in those days - & our guide listings (actually service level specifc channel maps) were customized on our system back then, as I have indicated.

Another great idea would be HD Auto Tune to HD boxes. Seeing they can be sent a separate map.

You mean like how TWC is going to be doing it across all their systems:

»www.timewarnercable.com/ ··· eup.html

Yea, sure would be nice...maybe in another decade CC will get around to something sensible like this (but doubtful they will... )