I have an idea. »
This is a sub-selection from So....

SlashG42

join:2002-02-13
Metairie, LA

1 recommendation

reply to Cheese

Re: So....

Well, the gov't is flat broke. Fines, taxes, and penalties against the guy with the fattest checking account(Apple) is an easy fix.

Neighbor got a nice TV and you cant afford one? Knife him and take his.

ArrayList
netbus developer
Premium
join:2005-03-19
Brighton, MA

the government isn't broke.

SlashG42

Metairie, LA

1 recommendation

Lol. Wut?

'Sequester' equals unable to make payroll this week.

In business terms, if you can't pay your employees and cover payments due, you are broke.

ArrayList
netbus developer
Premium
Brighton, MA

Broke implies that they cannot make any expenses. They still pay my veterans benefits without any problems. I don't see these "problems" as problems.

vpoko
Premium
join:2003-07-03
Boston, MA
reply to SlashG42

They don't collect enough in fines to make a bit of difference in government revenue. They should multiply the fines by 10x.

SlashG42

Metairie, LA
Reviews:
·Cox HSI
·AT&T Southeast
reply to ArrayList

Skip on property taxes one time, or skip on your UVerse bill once. Tell them you paid everyone else, so it's ok. Then tell them you'll pay them next time. Explain that you're not broke, that they've been sequestered. Let us know how that works out for you.

If you can't cover all your monthly expenses for goods received and services rendered, you're broke.

ArrayList
netbus developer
Premium
Brighton, MA

You're one of those people that equates the federal budget to your household budget?

SlashG42

Metairie, LA
Reviews:
·Cox HSI
·AT&T Southeast

No, it's basic accounting practice.

If a business can't cover accounts payable, there is an issue. Right now, there are red italicized numbers on the federal balance sheet. Just because they can pay you and most others doesn't mean everything is fine. If you're not concerned about the current state of the federal budget, you're either in denial or don't have all the relevant information, in which case I can't debate or argue with delusional or flawed logic.

I was trying to simplify it so maybe you could grasp it. I apologize for over-simplifying.

ArrayList
netbus developer
Premium
Brighton, MA

I don't want to debate it. I stay in my lane and the federal budget is of no concern to me.

badtrip
I heart the East Bay
Premium
join:2004-03-20
Albany, CA
reply to SlashG42

You do understand that a government is not a business, right? Oh wait, I read your posts and you don't.

Before you post something even more silly, please read this:
»en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monetary_p···creation

batterup
I Can Not Tell A Lie.
Premium
join:2003-02-06
Netcong, NJ
reply to SlashG42

said by SlashG42:

Neighbor got a nice TV and you cant afford one? Knife him and take his.

I wouldn't do that; I might take a peek her window though to see how it looks after the NSA agent gets out of the way.