Change is NOT Necessarily Progress
Premium Member
join:2009-06-15
Canada

3 edits

Davesnothere

Premium Member

Re: Yahoo email forced upgrade (again)

Well, the forced Yahoo changeover hasn't happened yet to [me in] Canada, as of the wee hours this morning, when I POP'd all of my emails to an offline email client app (backed up), and exported my contacts offline as well, from 2 Yahoo accounts.

Here's some related reading.

Apparently, it's going to be worse than we thought !

»Yahoo to Users: Let Us Read Your Emails or -- Goodbye!

»Yahoo Mail reportedly loses key customer following mass hack

»techcrunch.com/2013/06/0 ··· classic/
19579823 (banned)
An Awesome Dude
join:2003-08-04

19579823 (banned)

Last year they sent the same BS about "Starting August 19th your classic mail will not work anymore" and guess what,IT DID!!!!!!

Its the same crap over again to see if they can more ppl TO WILLYING SIGN OVER THIER PRIVACY! (I can almost guarantee it)

Davesnothere
Premium Member
Canada

Davesnothere

Premium Member

said by 19579823:

Last year they sent the same BS about "Starting August 19th your classic mail will not work anymore" and guess what,IT DID!!!!!!

Its the same crap over again to see if they can more ppl TO WILLINGLY SIGN OVER THIER PRIVACY! (I can almost guarantee it)

Either that, and/or a thinly veiled money grab on Yahoo's part to get some of us to upgrade to their paid PLUS accounts ($20 per year), which, among other features, apparently allow us to create LOTS of extra email addresses, and have NO ads.

But if there are no ads in PLUS, the why would they NEED to scan emails of THOSE accounts for demographical info ?

Does anyone know whether the same new ToS conditions will apply to Yahoo PLUS accounts ?
19579823 (banned)
An Awesome Dude
join:2003-08-04

19579823 (banned)

No there is a new TOS when you accept thier BS!!

The tos states they will be activiely scanning EVERYTHING YOU DO ON THIER NETWORK!! (Instant messaging,email,etc) Which they can do now so i dont see why they are doing this crap!!

Davesnothere
Premium Member
Canada

Davesnothere

Premium Member

said by 19579823:

No there is a new TOS when you accept thier BS!!

The tos states they will be activiely scanning EVERYTHING YOU DO ON THIER NETWORK!! (Instant messaging,email,etc) Which they can do now so i dont see why they are doing this crap!!

I replied to that in the other Yahoo thread : »Re: