spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

troll_gohome

@snydernet.net

Voltage Versus Teksavvy progress

Another load of crap filed by voltage trolls. Does anyone have scans of these docs? Curious to see how they are playing out their extortion scheme.

---------------------------

2013-05-30

Affidavit of service of John Philpott sworn on 30-MAY-2013 on behalf of Plaintiff confirming service of doc. 25, doc 26 upon Intervenor- CIPPIC non-party respondent - TekSavvy by electronic mail on 30-MAY-2013 filed on 30-MAY-2013

Supplementary Affidavit of Barry Logan sworn on 27-MAY-2013 on behalf of Plaintiff in opposition to Motion Doc. No. 8 filed on 30-MAY-2013

Affidavit of Mathias Gartner sworn on 22-MAY-2013 on behalf of Plaintiff in opposition to Motion Doc. No. 8 with Exhibits a-c filed on 30-MAY-2013

»www.ippractice.ca/file-browser/?···-2058-12

resa1983
Premium
join:2008-03-10
North York, ON
kudos:10
Affadavit of Service just means they swear they served Cippic & Teksavvy docs 25 & 26.

Doc 26:
»www.teksavvy.com/Media/Default/C···ogan.pdf

Doc 25 doesn't seem to be posted.

Don't forget the hearing is on the 25th.
--
Battle.net Tech Support MVP

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:28
we'll post the others tomorrow.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
I cant believe this witch hunt is still on...
--

resa1983
Premium
North York, ON
said by HiVolt:

Hopefully not for much longer.
--

Run On

@videotron.ca
reply to HiVolt
said by HiVolt:

It will run the course.

Likely heavily backed by Americans who want what's in your kids piggy bank.
Expand your moderator at work

resa1983
Premium
North York, ON
reply to troll_gohome

Re: Voltage Versus Teksavvy progress

Any chance of an update Marc?

I'm not sure if the documents are available - Tamir was saying it was all based on Cross and that transcripts aren't in yet? -, but was just curious.
--

resa1983
Premium
North York, ON

1 edit
reply to troll_gohome
CIPPIC posted the transcript of the cross examination of Barry Logan from Canipre.

It's on their website, but the website is acting funky, so I'm just gonna upload it here.

EDIT: Linked from Howard Knopf:
»excesscopyright.blogspot.ca/2013···013.html

Original CIPPIC link which was giving me an error earlier:
»www.cippic.ca/sites/default/file···RIPT.pdf
--

goodies

@videotron.ca
ty Resa. Some real goodies in there.

resa1983
Premium
North York, ON
lmao.. You're telling me.
quote:
165 (cont'd)
Correct, so that when we have a complete copy of the file I can play it back and say yes, that's the film, David Fewer goes to Hollywood. There’s no question about it that's the film. It’s not in the affidavit list I just made that one up.

Q. It's a boring film.
A. All of them are.
*snorts* Did I read that right? He said Voltage's films are all boring?
--

resa1983
Premium
North York, ON
reply to troll_gohome
If you wanna read something really funny, go read pages 61-63.

David Fewer just steamrolls right over Barry Logan, who seems to be quite flummoxed.
--

Samgee

join:2010-08-02
canada
kudos:2

1 edit
reply to troll_gohome
Q.
You do not download my question to you I'm looking for confirmation you do not download a complete file from a particular user? You don't get a one to one?

A.Right there that is correct.

Q.
And you are not aware that that court found that Guardaley does not indicate how it identified each IP address so there's no way to discern actual infringers from the innocent? You're not aware of the court having reached that conclusion?

A.No -- I -- no.

We basically found out from this that Canipre purchases this information from a third party and can not verify the legitimacy of it at all, and that the third party was found unreliable in a German court.

shrug

@videotron.ca
reply to resa1983
The whole thing is funny.

Logans lawyer was pretty ferocious in protecting how the payola scam works, how the money is shuffled or funneled around, who is involved, what countries are involved, and what lawyers are involved. Anything touching on money was met with hostility.

When reading it you could actually feel his lawyers panties being sucked into his asscrack.

JMJimmy

join:2008-07-23
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to troll_gohome
holy fracking crap. 34 refusals and the lawyer deciding that everything was irrelevant even though the judge has already expressed concerns on many of those grounds?

This is going to be hilarious to follow!

Seriously considering going to the next court date.

resa1983
Premium
North York, ON
said by JMJimmy:

holy fracking crap. 34 refusals and the lawyer deciding that everything was irrelevant even though the judge has already expressed concerns on many of those grounds?

Tomorrow, 10am @ the Federal building at 180 Queen Street West.

Osgoode Station is right there, and is only a few short meters walk to the courthouse once reaching street level.

If you come, come early, as you'll have to go to another floor to find out what floor & room the hearing is at, then have to pass through a security check.
--

eweazel

join:2008-12-09
Etobicoke, ON
Hey I work down the street, umm, if only I can blow off work.

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
reply to resa1983
working to get all the materials up on the TekSavvy site also. some we only received on Friday..

I'll be there in court tomorrow as well..
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

JMJimmy

Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to resa1983
said by resa1983:

said by JMJimmy:

Tomorrow, 10am @ the Federal building at 180 Queen Street West.

Osgoode Station is right there, and is only a few short meters walk to the courthouse once reaching street level.

If you come, come early, as you'll have to go to another floor to find out what floor & room the hearing is at, then have to pass through a security check.

Thanks Resa - I'll remember to remove my jackknife from my pockets before I leave. Luckily I'm a short walk away.

JMJimmy

Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL

2 edits
reply to troll_gohome
Something just caught my attention and I congratulate CIPPIC on such masterful questioning.

Read #168 & #187.

He affirms that there's no other explanation and that everyone he downloads a part from must have the entire file and then affirms that he didn't know that the software he uses provides such an alternate explanation.

Not only does it rip apart his technical credibility - it rips apart the backbone of the evidence. Granted it's not enough on it's own but it's a great start.

Edit: The answer to 168 is particularly damning - it's the equivalent of saying that looking at the meta data of a file is the same as verifying the contents. Using the NSA scandal as a comparative - it'd be like saying someone is guilty of aiding terrorists by looking at the meta data of calls which show a "known terrorist" called a number a bunch of times.

hm

@videotron.ca
said by JMJimmy:

He affirms that there's no other explanation and that everyone he downloads a part from must have the entire file and then affirms that he didn't know that the software he uses provides such an alternate explanation.

Yeah, without coming out to directly say it, CIPPIC more or less destroyed their claim of "distribution".

Keep in mind this isn't about a simple copyright lawsuit (ie you downloaded/uploaded and were caught). Voltage and Canipre are claiming commercial distribution. Distribution for profit. They are seeking not only the names of Teksavvy customers, but also all the financial records of each person associated with a Teksavvy IP. And also to see how each IP (or person) is related to each other in a commercial distribution ring (ie distributing for profit as a gang).

You can see why the Canipre lawyers panties got bunched.

It's not really evident from the questioning CIPPIC tossed at them, but you have to familiarize yourself with Voltages (canipre et al) court filing to see this. Many of CIPPICs questions will start to click if one reviews the original filings.

They are going to get trashed by their own words and refusals tomorrow.

I Hope it's the same judge. If it is, I expect some real good popcorn moments.

grunt

@gc.ca
reply to troll_gohome
Wow, by refusing to discuss their business model they sure make themselves out to be trollish.

I get the impression that these guys had no plan for any judge that refused to hand over the IP addresses without question. You'd think they would have spent the past few months building a coherent argument.

Oh and while they're crying about the "pirates" wrecking their business I think at least two movies shattered box office and DVD sales records?

troll_gohome

@178.32.212.x
reply to resa1983
Thank you Resa, great read!

Do you know if anyone is going to report from a courtroom on June 25th?

resa1983
Premium
North York, ON
said by troll_gohome :

Thank you Resa, great read!

Do you know if anyone is going to report from a courtroom on June 25th?

I will be there.. Took a vacation day to be there tomorrow.

Trying to find out who else will be there.
@pandersen has said he might show if his schedule allows it - he was there for the last 2 hearings as well.

There was 1 other who was tweeting last time, but they haven't responded to my question if they're going.

@howardknopf has said he won't show.

Had someone from the boards here introduce himself to me at the last hearing afterwards, and am unaware if he'll be there this time as well.
--

troll_gohome

@torservers.net
Can not attend myself. That is going to be interesting. Looking for ward to your reports and of course to a judge ripping trolls a new one!

resa1983
Premium
North York, ON
reply to troll_gohome
More stuff up on CIPPIC's site.

Found is when I checked Howard Knopf's site again - he linked to it.

»www.cippic.ca/sites/default/file···vol2.pdf
--

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
will have website updated shortly, just received more from Voltage also.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

rednekcowboy

join:2012-03-21
kudos:1

1 edit
reply to troll_gohome
I love how CIPPIC actually comes straight out and calls Voltage Copyright Trolls in their submission.

Very nice read and bring up multiple excellent points. Can't wait to read how this all plays out tomorrow.

mhore

@videotron.ca
TSI put some additional stuff up on their site:
»www.teksavvy.com/en/why-teksavvy···ormation

and H. Knopf has some stuff that was delivered today by Voltage that isn't on TSI's site
»excesscopyright.blogspot.ca/2013···013.html (scroll down to ps #3) or see, »www.scribd.com/doc/149794654/Vol···-and-Law

Basically Voltage states CIPPIC is fulla crap, and they then cherry pick stuff to try and crush the Lethbridge affidavit and state the guy knows nothing at all.

heh fun read.