Psychonaut
Premium Member
join:2009-06-09
Your Mind!

Goggalor to Jon5

Premium Member

to Jon5

Re: The Last of Us Review

The initial load does, indeed, suck. However, reloads are quite quick, which happens far more frequently than the initial load, so I would rather it take longer on the front side than when I'm actually playing.

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
join:2009-01-07
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone to Jon5

Premium Member

to Jon5
said by Jon5:

My one complaint so far... Could this game take any effen longer to load?

Yo aint seen long load times, until you've played Crash Bandicoot on PS2.

You could literally get up, go to the bathroom and refill your drink before the game even started.
Ghastlyone

Ghastlyone to Goggalor

Premium Member

to Goggalor
Right here, watch the loading times lol....

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· Xkj_7fmY

RockCake
Premium Member
join:2005-07-12
Woodbridge, VA

RockCake to Goggalor

Premium Member

to Goggalor
My favorite Ellie moment:
After Joel gets impaled (ouch!)
Ellie: "Here, lean on me..."
Joel: "No"
Ellie: "Well can you walk?"
Joel: "Yes"
Ellie: "Then fucking walk!"

justin
..needs sleep
Mod
join:1999-05-28
Billion BiPAC 7800N
Apple AirPort Extreme (2011)

justin to Goggalor

Mod

to Goggalor
Great game, one of the few I made time to complete. In many ways (characters, motion capture, story, voices, little touches) the best game I have ever played. There are moments of extreme tension that even the most jaded will enjoy - when they are over.

I only really struggled on one section: In the flooded tunnel prior to the end . At one point I managed to sprint through to the exit point of that area but Ellie says something like "no its not safe there are too many" or something. Which made me think I really had to kill them all.

cbrigante2
Wait til Next Year
Premium Member
join:2002-11-22
North Aurora, IL

cbrigante2 to Goggalor

Premium Member

to Goggalor
Yeah that part was tough but I felt like I really earned it when I got past it.

Draper
Premium Member
join:2010-06-19
Florissant, MO

1 recommendation

Draper to justin

Premium Member

to justin
My first play through was on hard. That part sucked big time. I stealthed as much as I could but ended up killing most of the infected. Fire and nail bombs are your friend. I'm going through it on survivor difficulty now.

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium Member
Your Mind!

Goggalor to cbrigante2

Premium Member

to cbrigante2
said by cbrigante2:

Yeah that part was tough but I felt like I really earned it when I got past it.

The flamethrower is the solution in there.

captokita
Premium Member
join:2005-02-22
Calabash, NC

captokita to Goggalor

Premium Member

to Goggalor
As usual, I'm late to this party, but I just had to buy this game.

So far, I've cleared the first city, and have moved onto the next area, so I'm not really far into it I don't think. I've just not had lots of time to play it. Even so, this is one of the best games I've played in some time. The mechanics work well, the stealthing, moving, seems realistic, and you find yourself leaning in your seat to look around corners, only to tell yourself "No, stupid, you can't look around the corner yourself...." =) I'm loving it, and see myself playing it through again when I finally do finish it. I just need to find more solo-tv time to play it.

Though yesterday, when I spent several hours playing, found myself asking, if to make a flaming bottle of clicker death, I need a rag and alcohol, and bottle, why do I have such a time finding the RAG of all things? Cripes, there's no shortage of discarded clothes and such everywhere, so you would think rags would be an easy thing to get...........

justin
..needs sleep
Mod
join:1999-05-28

justin

Mod

maybe it needs quality fabric not some rotting musty stuff

after a while I learned to embrace "brick."-fu

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium Member
Your Mind!

Goggalor to captokita

Premium Member

to captokita
said by captokita:

Though yesterday, when I spent several hours playing, found myself asking, if to make a flaming bottle of clicker death, I need a rag and alcohol, and bottle, why do I have such a time finding the RAG of all things? Cripes, there's no shortage of discarded clothes and such everywhere, so you would think rags would be an easy thing to get...........

First off, glad that you're enjoying it.

Now, to the quote of yours that I left. The reason that you cannot use any old rag is to limit your inventory... that's it. An artificial limitation, though, those same rags are also used to make health kits, so you will assume that the rags are sterilized somehow, but again, an artificial limitation for your storage.

cbrigante2
Wait til Next Year
Premium Member
join:2002-11-22
North Aurora, IL

cbrigante2

Premium Member

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. More about making supplies feel scarce for the game.

captokita
Premium Member
join:2005-02-22
Calabash, NC

captokita to Goggalor

Premium Member

to Goggalor
Finished my first playthrough on easy, which still seemed hard to me, and thought it was one amazing ending to an equally, if not moreso, amazing game. would be nice if they put in a "god-mode" like option for completed difficulties - like unlimited ammo, etc. That would be sweet.

Saw an article on IGN today complaining about the ending, and how you, as the player, are "forced" to take part in it, when, if you look at it from a character POV, it's really the only ending the game can have.

Draper
Premium Member
join:2010-06-19
Florissant, MO

Draper

Premium Member

I am about 80% though my survivor difficulty play through. The game is just as good the second time as it was the first. Going from hard to survivor is noticeable, but not horribly more difficult. Anyone that would complain about the ending misses the point of the entire game.

monchis
Premium Member
join:2002-12-09

monchis to Goggalor

Premium Member

to Goggalor
I just replayed this the other night with my friend and her bf, I showed them how to shotgun at the same time. It was interesting lolz playing this game with newbie smokers