uniqs

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

[TV] Digital VIP & TSN HD

I have Digital VIP in Toronto, and it has never included TSN HD. It includes TSN SD.

However, after the NHL lockout ended, TSN HD was on free preview until the end of April, which was the end of the shortened NHL Season... TSN HD channel info bar always said "Free Preview, etc etc"... But since then I am still able to get TSN HD and that Free Preview message is not there.

Could it be that they are running a silent extention of the preview until the end of TSN's coverage of the playoffs is over?

Can anyone with Digital VIP (But not HD VIP) see if they get TSN HD still?
yyzlhr
join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON

yyzlhr

TSN HD is now included at no extra charge for anyone who has the SD version included in their cable tier. TSN2 HD still requires the HD specialty pack.

I think they made this change to compensate for the removal of BBC World News and Spike

HiVolt
Premium Member
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

said by yyzlhr:

TSN HD is now included at no extra charge for anyone who has the SD version included in their cable tier. TSN2 HD still requires the HD specialty pack.

I think they made this change to compensate for the removal of BBC World News and Spike

Oh, interesting... Oddly enough, they removed Spike SD from Channel 39, where AMC now resides.

I can still receive Spike SD (CH 279) as well as Spike HD (CH 490). However, BBC World is no longer working.

Funny thing with Spike TV HD, I stumbled upon it a few months ago while guide surfing to try to find something else... I don't see Spike HD mentioned in any of the Rogers packages. Just "Spike TV"
decx
Premium Member
join:2002-06-07
Vancouver, BC

decx to HiVolt

Premium Member

to HiVolt
Rogers have been tinkering with packages lately. In addition to TSN HD, T&E was also just on a preview to the end of April but since then it's been added to Digital VIP as well.

HiVolt
Premium Member
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

I guess they didnt change the website yet?
yyzlhr
Scarborough, ON

yyzlhr

said by HiVolt:

I guess they didnt change the website yet?

The website is updated to reflect the inclusion of Travel and Escape. Also only HD customers get travel and escape. Those who are using SD equipment will not get the channel unless they pay the $2.79 to subscribe to the channe.
decx
Premium Member
Vancouver, BC

decx

Premium Member

Yep TSN HD isn't on the list yet.

As for T&E on SD, there is channel 267 which should be available for Digital VIP customers on a SD only box.

HiVolt
Premium Member
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

Im still wondering about SpikeTV HD... why it exists (CH 490) and its not mentioned even on the ultimate tiers... Just the SD version.
yyzlhr
Scarborough, ON

yyzlhr to decx

to decx
said by decx:

Yep TSN HD isn't on the list yet.

As for T&E on SD, there is channel 267 which should be available for Digital VIP customers on a SD only box.

Yeah, not really sure what's going on with that one. If you look at the list of included channels for VIP on the website, T&E is not in the SD list, but it is in the HD list. Also the bulletin that was sent out to some of my internal contacts explicitly stated T&E HD. Lastly, on my HD equipment, I get access to both the HD and the SD channel. Don't have an SD box to try it out with unfortunately.
decx
Premium Member
Vancouver, BC

decx

Premium Member

If you can get the SD channel on an HD box you can get the same channel on a SD only box. The SD STB activated on an account gets the same channel line up, the only difference being it's inability to tune to HD channels.

LazMan
Premium Member
join:2003-03-26
Beverly Hills, CA

LazMan to HiVolt

Premium Member

to HiVolt
said by HiVolt:

Im still wondering about SpikeTV HD... why it exists (CH 490) and its not mentioned even on the ultimate tiers... Just the SD version.

They must have found your message...

All day today, Spike HD has been coming up as 'unavailable' on all 3 of my boxes... Ditto for teletoon retro...

HiVolt
Premium Member
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

said by LazMan:

said by HiVolt:

They must have found your message...

All day today, Spike HD has been coming up as 'unavailable' on all 3 of my boxes... Ditto for teletoon retro...

Hehe... still working here...
decx
Premium Member
Vancouver, BC

decx

Premium Member

Same here, both Spike SD and HD are still available here for now.