All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

FastEddie

join:2000-12-29
Channel Z

FastEddie

The Last Thing That 'Revolutionized TV' ...

was the remote control.

Metatron2008
You're it
Premium Member
join:2008-09-02
united state

Metatron2008

Premium Member

Re: The Last Thing That 'Revolutionized TV' ...

I think HDTV did that. It made everyone aware of how they look since you can see everything.

Lots of things changed when you can see people's nostrils...
elefante72
join:2010-12-03
East Amherst, NY

elefante72 to FastEddie

to FastEddie
Microsoft cancelled the xbox family pack, and I have 6 extenders so that means they want me to go from paying $70 a year for 4 people in the fam (using discounts) to over $200 and locking it to consoles. Not.

So if they don't come out with a mini extender, bye. I mean they don't allow third party extenders w/ Windows 8 so that would be the only option otherwise they just nix media center.

So many stupid moves by Microsoft lately. I'm not investing another dime in their ecosystem until they reveal what all this bs is about or a clear plan emerges. If it boils down to monetiztion and DRM, then they are no better than the media goons, except they are now the gaming goons.

In that case hopefully Verizon gets their IP boxes out and I can call it a day, and MSFT can suck on it while I dump my xboxes and keep one for sentimental reasons so the kids can play on occasion. At this point a PC has way more power than any of these consoles and I can do whatever I want with it.

As to TV, they all suck. The only thing that evern comes close is the closed ATV or Roku. GTV, WTF google. They buy sage and it just disappears. They could have been selling DVR's and really crimping the cableco's style.

Oh and on demand is useless if I have to watch commercials. I dont watch commercials, and wont for the rest of my life. My kids don't even know what a commercial is and I like it that way.
Joe12345678
join:2003-07-22
Des Plaines, IL

Joe12345678

Re: The Last Thing That 'Revolutionized TV' ...

the cable co's really messed up cable card and some even do stuff to piss you off like high outlet fees and I think at least one system makes you rent the SDV tuner on top of the cable card rent.