Search similar:

uniqs

jbresee
@qwest.net

jbresee

Anon

[Connectivity] Getting comcast service

Hi Guys,

I own a home and the adjacent building lot.

The power poles that Comcast coax is on runs across our adjacent building lot. The distance between the pole on the adjacent lot and our hose is about 900 feet. Comcast has quoted $35,000 to install the 900 foot run to the house.

Since I can't justify the 35k upfront cost, I would like to Comcast to provide a drop at the power pole, and I will install a point to point wireless bridge to the house.
When I open a serviceability ticket with Comcast and ask that the techs call me, I have to wait for about 4 weeks, and then they close the ticket saying "service unavailable" without further comment.

I think what I need is just to talk to the techs, but there doesn't appear to be a way to do this. Does anybody have any ideas?
Thanks,
Jim

graysonf
MVM
join:1999-07-16
Fort Lauderdale, FL

graysonf

MVM

I'd be very, very surprised if Comcast would consider your wireless bridge approach.
ExoticFish
join:2008-08-31
Zebulon, NC

ExoticFish to jbresee

to jbresee
So have them install the drop in the building in the lot across from your house. They will not simply run a drop to a pole and leave it there for you to do what ever with. They're probably requiring so much to run the cable because it required a plant extension.

Talking to a tech will not get you anywhere.

beachintech
There's sand in my tool bag
Premium Member
join:2008-01-06

beachintech to jbresee

Premium Member

to jbresee
It is not normal for comcast to provide a drop to an outbuilding that is not connected to an electric meter / ground at the billing address. No tech can authorize that install, you need to get a local tech manager involved, and I still think your chances are quite low without some type of building that could be passed off as a home or business.