spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

btB

@rr.com

[TWC] Twctv.com Now Available on Any Internet Connection

Before the streams worked only on computers within your home. Now, you are supposed to be able to sign in with your account info using any internet-connected computer.

PamelaTS

join:2004-04-20
Dallas, TX
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·Clearwire Wireless
·Clear Wireless

said by btB :

Before the streams worked only on computers within your home. Now, you are supposed to be able to sign in with your account info using any internet-connected computer.

Doesn't work with 4G though

juilinsandar
Texas Gooner
Premium
join:2000-07-17
San Benito, TX
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

One would think that it would work out of the box with at least Verizon since they're partnered and selling eachothers' product bundles.
--
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. - Sir Winston Churchill

PamelaTS

Dallas, TX

Granted it may work on Verizon, not my carrier though. The posy said and the message I receive when starting twctv is that some channels work. Then if says if can't connect to wifi. If appears it will only work on wifi not wireless data.

Suit Up

join:2003-07-21
Los Angeles, CA
reply to btB

It doesn't work with T-Mobile. Tells me I need to connect to WiFi.

Happydude32
Premium
join:2005-07-16
kudos:1
reply to btB

If your not on your Time Warner broadband connection, the online streaming is limited to 11 linear channels and On Demand content from 26 channels using the TWC.TV PC streaming. It would be the same 11 linear channels and 26 On Demand channels that are available using the streaming apps on smartphones. And yes the streaming on the smartphones is limited to Verizon Wireless customers only.

mckenna797
Premium
join:2004-08-25
Astoria, NY

this does not work on Kindle Fire

PamelaTS

Dallas, TX
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·Clearwire Wireless
·Clear Wireless

1 edit
reply to btB

I have unlimited 4Glte with Sprint Galaxy S4 and it only works on my WiFi router -> modem -> TWC RoadRunner.

The Guide doesn't work anywhere because I only have two cable cards. The TiVo's, the Cable Modem and the Router are mine.

The Guide isn't too much of an issues as I can get the Guide info from TiVo app when away; which is moot since TWCTV DOES NOT work from any broadband connection!

For me it only began to work when I migrated my internet connection to TWC. Over a year with TV service and another ISP this didn't work at all!

Phroz

join:2005-11-23
Lewiston, ME
reply to Happydude32

said by Happydude32:

If your not on your Time Warner broadband connection, the online streaming is limited to 11 linear channels and On Demand content from 26 channels using the TWC.TV PC streaming. It would be the same 11 linear channels and 26 On Demand channels that are available using the streaming apps on smartphones. And yes the streaming on the smartphones is limited to Verizon Wireless customers only.

You get 11? I only get 3... BBCA, TVGN, and UP TV. I don't see why it should vary this much across different markets.

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium
join:2001-11-25
Orchard Park, NY
kudos:11

"You get 11? I only get 3... BBCA, TVGN, and UP TV. I don't see why it should vary this much across different markets."

Do you have the Sports pass? The others are The PAC 12, BTN and BeIN sports

Hob
--
"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Phroz

join:2005-11-23
Lewiston, ME
reply to btB

Ah okay, nope no sports pack.

EGeezer
zichrona livracha
Premium
join:2002-08-04
Midwest
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Callcentric
reply to btB

I tried last week from my neighbor's Time Warner internet connection using my TWC TV login.

I got a message that said I can't log in unless I'm on my home network.
--
Buckle Up. It makes it harder for the aliens to suck you out of your car.