spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

brje2

@cebridge.net

[Connectivity] Strange problem with modem/line

I am having a strange problem with my internet connectivity. All of a sudden the modem (purchased from Suddenlink) will not lock onto the signal. The first time this happened we had Suddenlink come out - they could not find any problem with the line or the modem, however it still would not lock onto the signal. They suggested it was a bad modem and we purchased another one which when connected worked fine. A couple months later we had the same problem, again they found nothing wrong, but we decided to switch back to the original modem (which I kept) to see what happened - low and behold it worked . In the last two weeks it's happened 3 or 4 times and every time we have to call suddenlink and have them switch the MAC address to the other modem. So both modems seem to work fine, they're not seeing any problems in the lines, but every time it happens we have to switch between the two modems and it works fine again for a while. It's extremely frustrating to have to call, wait on hold, explain the problem and have them switch the MAC addresses. Any thoughts???

moldypickle

join:2009-01-04
Haughton, LA
kudos:3
could you post up your signal stats page?

brje2

@cebridge.net
downloadarris status···.htm.zip 1,756 bytes
status page
I think this is what you're looking for???

moldypickle

Haughton, LA
Reviews:
·Suddenlink
Yes, your upstream power is starting to get high. Past 54 and you'll start to have problems locking on and around 56 you'll actually start getting the modem to reset itself. These issues usually indicate a secondary problem is present, the high power levels would just be a "result" of that problem.

motorola870

join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX
kudos:4
reply to brje2
said by brje2 :

I am having a strange problem with my internet connectivity. All of a sudden the modem (purchased from Suddenlink) will not lock onto the signal. The first time this happened we had Suddenlink come out - they could not find any problem with the line or the modem, however it still would not lock onto the signal. They suggested it was a bad modem and we purchased another one which when connected worked fine. A couple months later we had the same problem, again they found nothing wrong, but we decided to switch back to the original modem (which I kept) to see what happened - low and behold it worked . In the last two weeks it's happened 3 or 4 times and every time we have to call suddenlink and have them switch the MAC address to the other modem. So both modems seem to work fine, they're not seeing any problems in the lines, but every time it happens we have to switch between the two modems and it works fine again for a while. It's extremely frustrating to have to call, wait on hold, explain the problem and have them switch the MAC addresses. Any thoughts???

where are you located? Interesting to see Suddenlink put the downstreams in the 111MHz to 129MHz range as most systems put them in the 550MHz to 860MHz range. My TWC area has the downstreams from 771MHz to 783MHz.

brje2

@cebridge.net
reply to moldypickle
Thanks for taking a look; as you can probably tell I really don't know that the numbers mean Any idea what could cause the upstream level to get high? We've had numerous problems In the past with internet and suddenlink finally installed a brand new cable from the outside of the house into the room where the modem is about a year ago - not a single problem until this started happening about 1-2 months ago. Do you know if it could be something on our end or is it more likely a suddenlink problem?. I'd hate to have them keep coming out and find nothing wrong on their end and have the possibility of being charged for all the service calls. Thanks again

brje2

@cebridge.net
reply to motorola870
We live in Eastern Oklahoma; our options for internet/cable are pretty limited.

moldypickle

Haughton, LA
reply to brje2
As long as you have a connection, they will tell you nothing is wrong. Sdl tech would be able to look more into your line and see if there is anything that might need fixed