dp
Premium,MVM
join:2000-12-08
Greensburg, PA
kudos:7

4 recommendations

MS Security Bulletin Advance Notification - June 6, 2013

Click for full size
This is an advance notification of 5 security bulletins that Microsoft is intending to release on June 11, 2013.

1 rated as Critical and 4 with a rating of Important

»technet.microsoft.com/en-us/secu···ms13-jun
--
Microsoft® Consumer Security MVP, 2004 - 2013
DP's Security Bits

Triple Helix
Go Blue Jays Go
Premium
join:2007-07-26
Oshawa, ON
kudos:7
Thanks dp.

TH

antdude
A Ninja Ant
Premium,VIP
join:2001-03-25
United State
kudos:4
reply to dp
Weird. I didn't get an e-mail about this.

siljaline
I'm lovin' that double wide
Premium
join:2002-10-12
Montreal, QC
kudos:17
reply to dp
Thanks for these, as always dp See Profile

LaRRY_PEpPeR

join:2010-03-19
Wentzville, MO

1 recommendation

reply to antdude
said by antdude:

Didn't realize until I saw your post, but me neither... Hmm.

Mele20
Premium
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI
kudos:5
said by LaRRY_PEpPeR:

said by antdude:

I didn't get an email either....strange. But come to think of it, I don't think I got the May Security Bulletin Advance Notification email either. I did get the regular Security Bulletin Notification and later revised notification.

I wonder if Microsoft is no longer sending the Advanced Notice ones? Obviously, I must still be on the mailing list since I have been getting the actual bulletins and the revised ones in email. Maybe they are late sending it. I get them in dslr mail.
--
When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson

Phoenix22
Death From Above
Premium
join:2001-12-11
SOG C&C Nrth
reply to dp
thanks dp
jd

antdude
A Ninja Ant
Premium,VIP
United State
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
reply to Mele20
said by Mele20:

said by LaRRY_PEpPeR:

said by antdude:

I didn't get an email either....strange. But come to think of it, I don't think I got the May Security Bulletin Advance Notification email either. I did get the regular Security Bulletin Notification and later revised notification.

I wonder if Microsoft is no longer sending the Advanced Notice ones? Obviously, I must still be on the mailing list since I have been getting the actual bulletins and the revised ones in email. Maybe they are late sending it. I get them in dslr mail.

I am pretty sure I got May 2013's bulletins e-mails last month. I have seen MS' bulletins e-mails days come late before. I hope that is what is happening. Thanks for replying about it.
--
Ant @ AQFL.net and AntFarm.ma.cx. Please do not IM/e-mail me for technical support. Use this forum or better, »community.norton.com ! Disclaimer: The views expressed in this posting are mine, and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Mele20
Premium
Hilo, HI
I know I didn't get the Advance Notification at all last month. I know because I leave all email on the server for 30 days. I used the Win 8 computer last month and switched to the XP one 2 days ago and downloaded about a month's worth of mail on it. The Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary for May was in the mail that downloaded but there was no Advance Notification email in there. Microsoft would have sent it on the 9th of May and two days ago when I downloaded all that mail was June 5 (within the 30 day leave on server period) so it would have still been on the dslr mail server if it had been sent.

Friday night and I still don't have the Advanced Notification one for June. (Sure got a lot of spam though).
--
When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson

antdude
A Ninja Ant
Premium,VIP
United State
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
said by Mele20:

I know I didn't get the Advance Notification at all last month. I know because I leave all email on the server for 30 days. I used the Win 8 computer last month and switched to the XP one 2 days ago and downloaded about a month's worth of mail on it. The Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary for May was in the mail that downloaded but there was no Advance Notification email in there. Microsoft would have sent it on the 9th of May and two days ago when I downloaded all that mail was June 5 (within the 30 day leave on server period) so it would have still been on the dslr mail server if it had been sent.

Friday night and I still don't have the Advanced Notification one for June. (Sure got a lot of spam though).

Yeah, still nothing as of this reply. Argh!
--
Ant @ AQFL.net and AntFarm.ma.cx. Please do not IM/e-mail me for technical support. Use this forum or better, »community.norton.com ! Disclaimer: The views expressed in this posting are mine, and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

lordpuffer
RIP lil
Premium
join:2004-09-19
Rio Rancho, NM
kudos:2

1 recommendation

reply to dp
Thanks dp.

antdude
A Ninja Ant
Premium,VIP
United State
reply to dp
Still no e-mails about it. Oh well.

siljaline
Premium
Montreal, QC
Reviews:
·Bell Sympatico

1 recommendation

I did a number of pseudo-polls in a number of places - the advance notification did not arrive for many.
Hat tip to dp See Profile

StuartMW
Who Is John Galt?
Premium
join:2000-08-06
Galt's Gulch
kudos:2
reply to dp
No news on EMET v4

siljaline
Premium
Montreal, QC

antdude
A Ninja Ant
Premium,VIP
United State
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
reply to antdude

So, I don't get advanced bulletins anymore.

But I do get the releases:

Microsoft ( 4.2K) Microsoft Security Advisory Notification
Microsoft ( 11K) Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary for June 2013

siljaline
Premium
Montreal, QC
Check your email as I got mine today

It's kinda redundant to get a "pre-notification" on the same day as the patches.

antdude
A Ninja Ant
Premium,VIP
United State
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
said by siljaline:

Check your email as I got mine today

It's kinda redundant to get a "pre-notification" on the same day as the patches.

Still nothing! Maybe they're late. Were yours date from last Thursday when MS usually releases them?
--

siljaline
Premium
Montreal, QC
The email arrived today. \o/

antdude
A Ninja Ant
Premium,VIP
United State
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
said by siljaline:

The email arrived today. \o/

And e-mail was sent today and not delayed/late? Hmm!

siljaline
Premium
Montreal, QC

siljaline
Premium
Montreal, QC
Reviews:
·Bell Sympatico
reply to dp

Re: MS Security Bulletin Advance Notification - June 6, 2013

No issues to report - thus far on Win 7 boxes I've helped patch - the below would be generally typical save Office 2003.

MS13-051: Description of the security update for Office 2003 Service Pack 3: June 11, 2013
»support.microsoft.com/kb/2817421

Microsoft Security Bulletin MS13-047 - Critical
Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer (2838727)
»technet.microsoft.com/en-us/secu···ms13-047

Microsoft Security Advisory (2854544)
Update to Improve Cryptography and Digital Certificate Handling in Windows
»technet.microsoft.com/en-us/secu···/2854544

Microsoft Security Bulletin MS13-048 - Important
Vulnerability in Windows Kernel Could Allow Information Disclosure (2839229)
»technet.microsoft.com/en-ca/secu···ms13-048

Microsoft Security Bulletin MS13-050 - Important
Vulnerability in Windows Print Spooler Components Could Allow Elevation of Privilege (2839894)
»technet.microsoft.com/en-us/secu···ms13-050

Microsoft Security Bulletin MS13-049 - Important
Vulnerability in Kernel-Mode Driver Could Allow Denial of Service (2845690)
»technet.microsoft.com/en-us/secu···ms13-049

Update for Internet Explorer 10 for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2
»support.microsoft.com/kb/2859903

An update is available for the .NET Framework 3.5.1 on Windows 7 SP1 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1: June 2013
»support.microsoft.com/kb/2836942

An update is available for the .NET Framework 3.5.1 on Windows 7 SP1 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1: June 2013
»support.microsoft.com/kb/2836943

Mele20
Premium
Hilo, HI

1 recommendation

reply to siljaline

Re: So, I don't get advanced bulletins anymore.

I didn't get the advanced notification today. I got the MS Security Bulletin Summary today along with a Microsoft security email about how to protect against viruses and a new MsWindows Panel survey that was pissed off when I checked the box for having bought a new desktop within the past six months and also checked the boxes to indicate that I have not purchased a tablet, ultrabook, laptop or all in one in the past six months and have no intention of purchasing any of those in the next six months.
--

siljaline
Premium
Montreal, QC
Reviews:
·Bell Sympatico
Sorry to read of this Mele20 See Profile
I'm a bit out of touch as to whom to complain as to why the pre-notification email arrived as late as it did in your case substitute email that wasn't necessarily relevant.

Mele20
Premium
Hilo, HI

1 recommendation

I should have added that I am a long time member of the Windows Feedback Panel and I subscribe to other Microsoft newsletters BESIDES the advanced Security Bulletin Notification and the Security Bulletin.

I just thought it ironic that I got these OTHER emails from Microsoft today but never received the advanced Security Bulletin Notification this month or last month.
--

siljaline
Premium
Montreal, QC

1 recommendation

Others have complained of same. One hopes this will be cleared up. I've made it visible in places where folks should take notice.
Your feedback is appreciated.

antdude
A Ninja Ant
Premium,VIP
United State
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

1 edit
said by siljaline:

Others have complained of same. One hopes this will be cleared up. I've made it visible in places where folks should take notice.
Your feedback is appreciated.

FYI, I did finally get an advanced July notification e-mail last week.
--

siljaline
Premium
Montreal, QC
Me too

antdude
A Ninja Ant
Premium,VIP
United State
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
said by siljaline:

Me too

Cool. I guess it was a glitch on MS' side. Whew!

siljaline
Premium
Montreal, QC

1 recommendation

It's seems to have been a one-off. Could be the mail server burped without anyone knowing until the complaints started being known.
Problem is, who do you report these things to ?