Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

[Game] Titanfall exclusive to Xbox 360, One, & PC

You wouldn't see this with today's console games--look at the newest Sony game, "Last of Us," that is PS-exclusive. Thank you, AMD APUs!!

But Titanfall will use the Source engine, which means a lot of overlap between the Xbox One and PC version. I bet most of the heavy lifting will be porting it to the Xbox 360...
said by Ars Technica :

New game from Modern Warfare creators is an Xbox/PC exclusive

Respawn Entertainment's Titanfall won't be on Sony, Nintendo systems.

In the coming console wars, small differences between multiplatform games probably aren't going to be enough to give a system a significant advantage over another. It's the exclusive titles that are going to largely determine the winner in the next-gen console battle. Which is why today's leaked announcement that Respawn Entertainment's Titanfall will be exclusive to Microsoft systems and PCs is such a big deal.

Microsoft was rumored to have picked up the exclusive console rights to Respawn's online-focused first-person mech shooter back in April, and that information has now been confirmed in the latest issue of Game Informer, which leaked out in digital form via Google Play today. While Respawn is working on the Xbox One and PC versions, an Xbox 360 version is also being developed by an outside developer.

The article also reveals the Titanfall name for the first time and a spring 2014 release window. Titanfall will use a heavily modified version of Valve's Source engine to produce 60 fps performance, according to the article.

Koil
Premium Member
join:2002-09-10
Irmo, SC

Koil

Premium Member

[Game] Re: Titanfall exclusive to Xbox 360, One, & PC

»www.titanfall.com/

2 vids on their website...trailer and actual game play.

Game play looks pretty fucking nice...I'll be keeping an eye on this.

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
join:2009-01-07
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone to Krisnatharok

Premium Member

to Krisnatharok

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· qPxbLmIU

It does looks pretty badass.

TheBionic
Funkier than a mohair disco ball.
Premium Member
join:2009-07-06
united state

TheBionic to Krisnatharok

Premium Member

to Krisnatharok
Yeah I'm looking forward to this one as well.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

This looks badass.

DslrMark
join:2000-06-29
Lawndale, CA

DslrMark to Krisnatharok

to Krisnatharok
Yes we need more PC titles like this.

puppy
join:2010-01-28
San Diego, CA

puppy to Krisnatharok

to Krisnatharok
That looks so great! Unfortunately I haven't been able to play FPS for quite a while now due to motion sickness, sigh. Damn you aging! I need some Wolverine x-factor regen!

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium Member
join:2009-06-09
Your Mind!

Goggalor

Premium Member

said by puppy:

That looks so great! Unfortunately I haven't been able to play FPS for quite a while now due to motion sickness, sigh. Damn you aging! I need some Wolverine x-factor regen!

Well, it would help... to an extent. Apparently, even Wolverine's Healing Factor has its limits on how long it can keep his body going: Old Mang Logan!

Koil
Premium Member
join:2002-09-10
Irmo, SC

Koil to puppy

Premium Member

to puppy
Ever tried Dramamine or ginger?

puppy
join:2010-01-28
San Diego, CA

puppy

Not to play a game, no This game might be worth it!

Often watching videos (or trailers from SWTOR and Starcraft) I wish they would just make real movies... I know good CGI work is expensive but you wouldn't need to hire big name actors or relocate filming crews...

shinjuru

join:2000-10-29
West Coast

shinjuru to Krisnatharok

to Krisnatharok

»youtu.be/qzYDrzk1xs4

stvnbrs
Premium Member
join:2009-03-17
Cary, NC

stvnbrs to Krisnatharok

Premium Member

to Krisnatharok

Re: [Game] Titanfall exclusive to Xbox 360, One, & PC

I hope the controls are as tight as the video looks. Man, that looks awesome.
90115534 (banned)
Someone is sabotaging me.Finding out who
join:2001-06-03
Kenner, LA

90115534 (banned) to Krisnatharok

to Krisnatharok
I can't wait for this game! May play it over BF4 when it comes out!

shinjuru

join:2000-10-29
West Coast

shinjuru to Krisnatharok

to Krisnatharok
The Titanfall Collector's Edition model looks pretty cool!

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· hn8m31Kg

Savious
Premium Member
join:2012-03-05
Billings, MT

Savious to Krisnatharok

Premium Member

to Krisnatharok
Bringing this back to page one so we don't forget it. Looks awesome!

cheesyyellow
join:2009-06-04
Poulsbo, WA

cheesyyellow

I won't forget it, the demo from E3 looked incredible.

Grimm
join:2011-05-23

Grimm to Krisnatharok

to Krisnatharok
How big of a possibility does everyone think there is EA will muck this game up like BF4? It's the only thing holding me back from really getting excited about this game. If you can, I'm begging to be convinced otherwise.
me1212
join:2008-11-20
Lees Summit, MO

me1212 to Krisnatharok

to Krisnatharok
The little engine that could from 2004, albeit with a number of changes to the engine since then, still can make games that look this good. I'm pretty much sick of military shooters, but I really want to try this one. Can't wait

Savious
Premium Member
Billings, MT

Savious to Krisnatharok

Premium Member

to Krisnatharok
Im concerned about the liability of being developed for both the One and the PC at the same time.

My guess is they are going to focus on the One portion and change things to make it playable on the PC....

Kind of like last night when I tried out Crysis 3. I was setting the brightness and it said "If you cant see the image, adjust the settings on your TV". I thought to myself, "Wow, thats pretty cool that it recognizes I am using a TV instead of a monitor! Oh... wait."

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok to Grimm

Premium Member

to Grimm
said by Grimm:

How big of a possibility does everyone think there is EA will muck this game up like BF4? It's the only thing holding me back from really getting excited about this game. If you can, I'm begging to be convinced otherwise.

I don't think it's fair to blame EA for BF4's problems. DICE has always released buggy Battlefields.
Krisnatharok

Krisnatharok to Savious

Premium Member

to Savious
said by Savious:

Kind of like last night when I tried out Crysis 3. I was setting the brightness and it said "If you cant see the image, adjust the settings on your TV". I thought to myself, "Wow, thats pretty cool that it recognizes I am using a TV instead of a monitor! Oh... wait."

Crysis 3 is hardly the game to use to complain about console ports. The game is fucking fantastic, and is probably still the most demanding engine out there. Download the high-res pack and max out the DX11 eye candy.

But yeah, I don't have high hopes for Titanfall.

Grimm

Grimm to Krisnatharok

to Krisnatharok
Yes, but at the same time it was definitely released too early. That is EA's fault, no?

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

said by Grimm:

Yes, but at the same time it was definitely released too early.

According to ... ? Fans?

I doubt you can defend the statement that EA is responsible for every buggy Battlefield ever released, as other EA games are released without the same level of rampant bugginess (ME3 comes to mind as a relatively recent release that had perfectly functioning MP).

Grimm

Grimm

Customers, yes.

I'm not saying EA is responsible for the issues directly, just that the games are not given due time for issues to be smoothed out before EA demands the game to be released. DICE is definitely to blame for BF4 problems, but if EAs release was 2 months later, these issues may not have even been present and the entire series put in question.

I'm just concerned the release of Titanfall will be similar to BF4 and have the first 1-2 months be a waste dealing with ridiculous bugs that shouldn't be there.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

Do we have evidence that EA is "demanding" the games to be released, bugs be damned, or are you possibly reading your own bias into what's going on?

I am guessing that EA's involvement is at a much higher level, e.g. "DICE, you need to produce a Battlefield game every 18 months, which means Q4 2013, and then Q2 2015."

It is DICE that is likely responsible for road-mapping the project, DICE project managers that are the task masters to the programmers, and keeping everyone on schedule.
demir
Premium Member
join:2010-07-15
usa

demir to Krisnatharok

Premium Member

to Krisnatharok
I bought the pre-order for Xbox one. Can't wait for March.

It won 60 awards at E3 --- it's going to be a good game.

Savious
Premium Member
Billings, MT

Savious to Krisnatharok

Premium Member

to Krisnatharok
said by Krisnatharok:

said by Savious:

Crysis 3 is hardly the game to use to complain about console ports. The game is fucking fantastic, and is probably still the most demanding engine out there. Download the high-res pack and max out the DX11 eye candy.

But yeah, I don't have high hopes for Titanfall.

Its the little things that matter, Sergeant. Attention to detail, hooah?

Ryan
Premium Member
join:2001-03-03
Boston, MA

Ryan to demir

Premium Member

to demir
said by demir:

I bought the pre-order for Xbox one. Can't wait for March.

It won 60 awards at E3 --- it's going to be a good game.

One word.. Rage..

I won't believe anything until the game gets released and the real reviews are in. It always seems like the highly promoted games fail.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok to Savious

Premium Member

to Savious
I'd rather take the amazing graphics that consoles can't touch, than to point to Crysis 3 as an example of consolitis because they forgot to change the word "TV" with "monitor."
demir
Premium Member
join:2010-07-15
usa

2 edits

demir to Ryan

Premium Member

to Ryan
E3 is a pretty big deal in the gaming world, from past experiences games that win awards there do pretty well.

It could pan into being that game that planetside never was --- and I loved planetside.

In short, the reviews are in and chances are it'll be pretty sweet.