lit up
Premium Member
join:2001-02-06
Sterling Heights, MI

jaynick to beachintech

Premium Member

to beachintech

Re: [Connectivity] Signs of a failing modem

I have heard that explanation before but what is the fix? When I take a photo with the iPhone I hold it vertically.

PortraitMode
@comcast.net

PortraitMode

Anon

said by jaynick:

I have heard that explanation before but what is the fix? When I take a photo with the iPhone I hold it vertically.

You need to explicitly re-save the image in "portrait" mode either in your camera or with an external graphic viewer/editor program. Typically you would simply rotate the image 90 degrees (in the appropriate direction for the way you held the phone/camera) and then save the image again. I have done this using many different Windows and Linux applications, so I would think that at least some Apple applications would have this ability as well. Even my "not so smart" Samsung cell phone has this capability built-in.
PortraitMode

PortraitMode to jaynick

Anon

to jaynick
said by jaynick:

As I already mentioned (although my post has not shown up yet) you need to rotate the image 90 degrees and re-save the image. Here is what the OP's image looks like after that procedure:

chip89
Premium Member
join:2012-07-05
Columbia Station, OH

1 recommendation

chip89 to jaynick

Premium Member

to jaynick
you need it turn it sideways and take it works right when it's sideways.

PortraitMode
@comcast.net

PortraitMode

Anon

said by chip89:

you need it turn it sideways and take it works right when it's sideways.

Or, instead of accepting the default mode offered by the phone/camera and becoming the slave of the technology; you can take your pictures using the mode and framing that looks best to you, and use the technology to save the image to look as you intended.