uniqs
share rss forum feed

Mele20
Premium
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI
kudos:5
reply to ashrc4

Re: NSA Mining Data In 9 American Multinational Internet Corps.

I don't know what it is about that blog but Fx loads the page forever. it's happened in the past also. I can go to the main Sohos site ok though.
--
When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson

ashrc4
Premium
join:2009-02-06
australia
I subscribe to them, remove the email link but that's all I can do on phone at present.
They track and load page different for each.
Not sure if it's the mobile site link o'be provided.
Sorry.
--
Paradigm Shift beta test pilot. "Dying to defend one's small piece of suburb...Give me something global...STAT!

Mele20
Premium
Hilo, HI
On Fx, I have cookies from Sophos already blocked. On Sea Monkey, I had no record about cookies there so it let me block the cookie (when I got the popup asking about the cookie) and then the article loaded.

Just now, I tried to open that link again in SM and got the perpetual loading like on Fx. So, I deleted all stored info on SM regarding the site (cookie there blocked doesn't show up under Cookies in Cookie Manager but shows under "All Data Types" instead which is confusing) and then I tried again to load the site and it finally loaded after I blocked the cookie again.

So, I guess you can block the cookie once but not permanently.
--
When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson

Dude111
An Awesome Dude
Premium
join:2003-08-04
USA
kudos:13

Cant you add it to your exception list Mele?? (On IE i can add any cookie and choose to perm block it)

Ya should be able to choose what you dont want loading!

Phoenix22
Death From Above
Premium
join:2001-12-11
SOG C&C Nrth
reply to Juggernaut

Re: U.S. intelligence mining data from nine U.S. ISP's

"the machine" does not talk.....unless you are by a payphone

Phoenix22
Death From Above
Premium
SOG C&C Nrth
reply to Cartel
maybe...............however.......last man out..............bring the flag!

Phoenix22
Death From Above
Premium
SOG C&C Nrth
reply to Cartel

Re: Apple and Yahoo DENY any knowledge of "Prism".

you are gonna here plausible deni-ability a lot in the near future
and pointing fingers will look like a michigan wx vane

DarkSithPro

join:2005-02-12
Tempe, AZ
kudos:2

1 recommendation

reply to Cartel

scelli
Native New Yorker
Premium
join:1999-08-07
FLOT/FEBA
kudos:1
reply to Phoenix22

Re: U.S. intelligence mining data from nine U.S. ISP's

said by Phoenix22:

"the machine" does not talk.....unless you are by a payphone

See if you can raise him at the CP on your PRC-10/25/77!
--
The maximum effective range of an excuse is ZERO meters!

Phoenix22
Death From Above
Premium
SOG C&C Nrth
i'll use uhf..........in my ah-1g.........copy

scelli
Native New Yorker
Premium
FLOT/FEBA
said by Phoenix22:

i'll use uhf..........in my ah-1g.........copy

Egad!!! Snakes in the LZ! What's next? Puff the Magic Dragon?

Out here, RTO!
--

Phoenix22
Death From Above
Premium
SOG C&C Nrth

1 recommendation

i've got 4 pods........w/willie pete and 2.75z.....where do you want em'
i see 4dinks on the bridge.......i'll take them w/the gun
dbldeuce clear.............i've have a flight of 2 fast movers behind me.........pop purple for the gas attack

scelli
Native New Yorker
Premium
FLOT/FEBA
Put the WP and everything else in the treeline where we're taking fire from and toast 'em. Be advised sappers there will be sending up flak skyward aimed at your APD sniffer mission, but lock, load and commence firing. Will pop red if docs down here on the deck need a Dustoff for one of our squad after engagement over, victory is ours and Bamiba and Beer "33" is flowing!

(We now return you to our regularly scheduled on-topic subject matter.)
--

keno5net

join:2002-01-05
Milwaukee, WI
reply to Cartel

A good video (although long) on the likely way in which the NSA is collecting this data and still allowing the companies to deny allowing access to their servers by port mirroring their connection to the internet at the ISP level. The data is either sniffed in real time or archived allowing the agency to look back at the data as needed.

»twit.tv/show/security-now/408

Ken1943

join:2001-12-30
Denver, CO
reply to Cartel
Almost everyone is up in arms about this. They are looking for a needle in a haystack that may turn up something really bad. Like tracking the Boston bombers calls and emails may turn up others involved.

GET REAL

There are better ways for your wife to find out about your girlfriend.

dbj

join:2001-07-26
Santa Cruz, CA
reply to keno5net
said by keno5net:

A good video (although long) on the likely way in which the NSA is collecting this data and still allowing the companies to deny allowing access to their servers by port mirroring their connection to the internet at the ISP level. The data is either sniffed in real time or archived allowing the agency to look back at the data as needed.

»twit.tv/show/security-now/408

Even if they are mirroring ports, how would the NSA be decrypting encrypted traffic (gmail/facebook over https)?

OZO
Premium
join:2003-01-17
They'd not. They're not a god, yet, remember?

It's true unless gmail and / or facebook provide them with keys...

ashrc4
Premium
australia
reply to Cartel
»nakedsecurity.sophos.com/2013/06···equests/
Another informative article.
--
Paradigm Shift beta test pilot. "Dying to defend one's small piece of suburb...Give me something global...STAT!

Mele20
Premium
Hilo, HI
Another site that is inaccessible. The policy to not allow quoting here is a shame because I can't access that Sophos site as I have GOOD SENSIBLE security on my computer. (Besides, I think Sophos articles are generally poorly written and designed just to get folks to come there so they can track them).
--

keno5net

join:2002-01-05
Milwaukee, WI
reply to dbj
said by dbj:

Even if they are mirroring ports, how would the NSA be decrypting encrypted traffic (gmail/facebook over https)?

Metadata like headers won't be encrypted and unless it is a message going Gmail to Gmail it has to leave unencrypted to be readable when reaching the recipient. Unless you encrypt the message using something like PGP before sending it it will still travel over the web unencrypted to the pop server.

ashrc4
Premium
australia
reply to Cartel
»/r0/download/2···de-5.jpg

I'm not sure we should take the what appears to be a training manual to entice new recruits on face value.
Snowden is receiving this info from who knows, and as he left in 2009 is relying on his own interpretations of what he receives.
after what he leaked recently.
»www.theage.com.au/it-pro/securit···5zb.html
He says he's in it for justice yet his spin on this has no reflection nor further analysis on what is in the media.
He's simply making more of a go at being the center of attention whilst digging a bigger hole for himself?
--

chachazz
Premium
join:2003-12-14
kudos:9
Reviews:
·TELUS
reply to Cartel
One of the participants in Stop Watching Us Green Peace points out that NSA's new facility in Utah will be powered primarily by coal ....
quote:
Illegal government spying, powered by the fuel most responsible for climate change, represents a special kind of darkness, an absurdly apt metaphor for the worst kind of Internet we could imagine.
»greenpeaceblogs.org/2013/06/13/f···nternet/
--
Gladiator Security Forum

ashrc4
Premium
australia
reply to Cartel
Are we even suprised that he has had regular contact with Assange.
From 2009 that's a lot a stewing for one guy.
--

Cartel
Premium
join:2006-09-13
Chilliwack, BC
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·Shaw
reply to chachazz
said by chachazz:

One of the participants in Stop Watching Us Green Peace points out that NSA's new facility in Utah will be powered primarily by coal ....

quote:
Illegal government spying, powered by the fuel most responsible for climate change, represents a special kind of darkness, an absurdly apt metaphor for the worst kind of Internet we could imagine.
»greenpeaceblogs.org/2013/06/13/f···nternet/

Nothing wrong with coal.
Maybe mox flying all over the place is better?

Cartel
Premium
Chilliwack, BC
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·Shaw
reply to Cartel

Cartel
Premium
Chilliwack, BC
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·Shaw

Yahoo Was Reportedly Forced To Join PRISM By A Secret Court

In a secret court in Washington.......

The judges disagreed. That left Yahoo two choices: Hand over the data or break the law.

Read the rest here: »www.nytimes.com/2013/06/14/techn···ll&_r=3&

DarkSithPro

join:2005-02-12
Tempe, AZ

1 edit
said by Cartel:

In a secret court in Washington.......

A secret court? WTH?

siljaline
I'm lovin' that double wide
Premium
join:2002-10-12
Montreal, QC
kudos:17
Reviews:
·Bell Sympatico
Yup
United States Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court
»en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Sta···ce_Court

scelli
Native New Yorker
Premium
FLOT/FEBA

1 recommendation

reply to Cartel

said by Cartel:

(youtube clip)

Ah, yes...More of that "Change we can believe in!" rhetoric!
--

ashrc4
Premium
australia
reply to Cartel
Can anybody provide a link to Snowden's transcript of his latest statements.....Particularly the warning part where he sounds just like anonymous?
--