spc
Search similar:

uniqs

suz
@myvzw.com

suz

Anon

[CATV] Frustration with charter

I have been a customer of Charter for years. Just recently have I came across issues with them. I was told my pricing wouldnt expire for another 2 week from now (was told this a month ago) but my most recent bill states otherwise. I have been looking into directv and they seem to offer more for less, along with a 3 year lock in. I want to keep my cable internet, as i have never had any problems with that. Seems common that people are using satellite for tv and cable for internet. Has anyone ran into any problems doing this? I just don't understand how you will not offer any great incentive for your loyal customers. Yes they offer a discount but it ends up being $40 more than what I was originally paying and all I have is the basic/select package. Any advice? Im just disappointed in their actions and would rather get more bang for my buck, especially if i am paying $174/month for nothing special (bundled and dvr is included).

miscposter
@charter.com

miscposter

Anon

Charter bills in advance. Check the billing cycle located in the summery on the first page of the bill. This covers the time period of 30 days starting about 5 days from the time you got the bill. So they most likely did not lie it is just a misunderstanding of your bill.
88615298 (banned)
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness

88615298 (banned) to suz

to suz
Yep my bill is due on the 1st but it's for service through the 18th of the month.

As far a DirecTV I know they have 2 year contracts with hefty ETF if you decide to leave before 2 years is up.

CoolMan
join:2008-01-07
Maryville, TN
ARRIS BGW210-700
Netgear R7000

CoolMan to suz

to suz
said by suz :

I have been looking into directv and they seem to offer more for less, along with a 3 year lock in. I want to keep my cable internet, as i have never had any problems with that. Seems common that people are using satellite for tv and cable for internet. Has anyone ran into any problems doing this?

I do exactly that, DirecTV for TV and Charter for internet. I have DirecTV for all the sports they offer including NFL Sunday Ticket, NBA League Pass & NBA TV Channel as Charter offers none of those and possibly might never. I have no problems at all with DirecTV and really like their product.

I haven't had any problems recently with Charter, a while back I had a problem with the incoming line but since that was fixed no problems with the internet. You can subscribe to Charter 30/4 Mbit/s internet standalone with no other services for either $49.99 or $54.99 per mo. depending on your area.

As others have stated DirecTV requires a 2 year contract not a 3 year. The early cancellation fee starts at $480 (month 1) and subtracts -$20 every month until the contract is complete. If you plan on getting the Genie DVR try to ask the installer ahead of time if they have any new HR44 models on there truck as they are faster and in a smaller profile than the HR34 models, they should be rolling out nationally within a few months but right now there more limited depending on your area.

cork1958
Cork
Premium Member
join:2000-02-26

cork1958 to suz

Premium Member

to suz
Hopefully, you only have 1 tv, as by the time you start paying for their boxes for other tv's, you lose any savings instantly.

I'm the opposite of most people. Can't stand watching tv, as most shows now a days totally suck anyway. Been trying to talk wife into dumping that for a long time now!