Iowa native
Premium
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA
Reviews:
·Verizon Broadban..
·Comcast

$20 is nothing

Copyright infringement is a criminal offense and can get you up to $250,000.00 in fines and/or up to 5 years in federal prison.

I know that from reading the FBI warnings at the beginning of DVDs and Videotapes.

I used to watch a lot of movies as a kid. Now the Internet and legally obtained music is my main source of entertainment.

I still have a lot of my old videotapes, although I am slowly migrating the collection to Blu-ray Discs. A few movies are downloaded.
--
I've experienced ImOn (when they were McLeod USA), Mediacom, Comcast, and Time Warner and I currently have DirecTV. They are much better than broadcast TV.

I have not and will not cut the cord.

Steve Mehs
Gun Control Is Using A Steady Hand
Premium
join:2005-07-16
kudos:1

1 edit

1 recommendation

quote:
I know that from reading the FBI warnings at the beginning of DVDs and Videotapes.
Sorry to hear that. When I had Netflix and pirated the rented DVDs I received by mail, I would remove the FBI warnings and all the other crap from my copies.

GlobalMind
Domino Dude, POWER Systems Guy
Premium
join:2001-10-29
Hollywood, FL
reply to IowaCowboy

said by IowaCowboy:

Copyright infringement is a criminal offense and can get you up to $250,000.00 in fines and/or up to 5 years in federal prison.

Actually it can be civil or criminal...and you vs Time Warner would most likely be a civil matter.
--
TheGlobalMind.com / Speed costs money. How fast do you want to go? / Trust the instinct to the end, though you can render no reason. - Ralph Waldo Emerson / Free market capitalism is the best path to prosperity.