Search similar:

uniqs

JayOSU
@rr.com

1 edit

JayOSU

Anon

[Other] Pricing When We Go Over To TWC? Columbus Ohio

I was looking at TWC's pricing last night and was quite frightened. The price for what Insight charges me $140, would cost $240 with TWC! Are we going to be grandfathered in, or will are packages be adjusted to TWC pricing? If the latter is the case, I'm gone.

c1robert
join:2003-01-06
Whitehall,Oh

c1robert

My cable TV package,went up 30.00 this year alone.they better watch it,where i live we have competition in cable,wowway.com
Expand your moderator at work

OSUGoose
join:2007-12-27
Columbus, OH

OSUGoose to JayOSU

to JayOSU

Re: [Other] Pricing When We Go Over To TWC? Columbus Ohio

More then likely grandfathered, yet if any changes we go to current pricing.
Expand your moderator at work
OSUGoose

OSUGoose to c1robert

to c1robert

Re: [Other] Pricing When We Go Over To TWC? Columbus Ohio

So do we, but wow refuses to service this address after I got pissy with them sending a tech to bury the wire and instead cut it and said I need to be aerial, and it took them 3 days to get someone out to fix.
James_C
join:2007-08-03
Florence, KY

James_C to JayOSU

to JayOSU
The most logical thing for them to do is not raise rates immediately so as to not alienate prior insightbb customers any more than necessary, but of course we can't assume the rates would stay the same forever. We can be sure they will eventually go up.

DevilOnE
Fozzie the buttplug, Vu the shitkicker
Premium Member
join:2003-12-12
Evansville, IN

DevilOnE to JayOSU

Premium Member

to JayOSU
Well twc is running a special of $34.99 for 12mos in the 15meg service. I'm gonna try to have them give me that.

OSUGoose
Columbus, OH

OSUGoose

Apparently the transition dates are simply when they go live with combining the Insight and TWC ICOMS (billing) software.
itch
join:2008-12-06
Louisville, KY

itch to JayOSU

to JayOSU
I got my Time Warner Cable bill in the mail today and there was no increase on my bill. The franchise in Louisville might have where TWC can not raise rates yet.
Matt7
join:2001-01-02
Columbus, OH

Matt7 to DevilOnE

to DevilOnE
said by DevilOnE:

Well twc is running a special of $34.99 for 12mos in the 15meg service. I'm gonna try to have them give me that.

Good luck -- My guess is that any TW specific promos will not be available to us former Insight customers for awhile.. I know I tried to get them both via chat and telephone to upgrade me to "Extreme" here in Columbus and their systems "refused" to do it.

DevilOnE
Fozzie the buttplug, Vu the shitkicker
Premium Member
join:2003-12-12
Evansville, IN

DevilOnE

Premium Member

I got them to give me $39/mo
Mystic95Z
join:2005-05-10
Orlando, FL

Mystic95Z to JayOSU

to JayOSU
By calling I was able to get the 30/5 service for the same price I used to pay insight for 20.0 ($64.99).

OSUGoose
Columbus, OH

OSUGoose

Lucky, were in a holding pattern in Columbus.

quickbunnie
@ohio-state.edu

quickbunnie

Anon

Yeah,
Any news at all if DOCSIS 3 speeds will be coming to former Insight-RR areas?
Matt7
Columbus, OH

2 edits

Matt7

said by quickbunnie :

Yeah,
Any news at all if DOCSIS 3 speeds will be coming to former Insight-RR areas?

Coming at some point -- no one knows when yet... Highest we can order currently is Turbo (20/2). All past indications are that Insight's network was mostly junk and TWC is having to upgrade (run new fiber make CMTS upgrades etc.) to support 30/5, 50/5 in the old Insight Columbus areas.

I am on a CMTS that supports D3 (syncs 7 down stream / 3 up stream) as an former Insight Customer (NE Columbus) but TWC Reps can't process an upgrade request for the higher speeds as their account management system won't let them.

I would say though it will happen sooner than later..

This is my speed with the updated Turbo config from Time Warner (20/2 vs. Insight's 20/1 in Columbus)

Prior to that I was seeing some "speedboost" with the Insight 20/1 config (TW does not support Speedboost on Docsis 3 configs).

So it appears they can 'tell' that I have a D3 modem as I constantly max at around 20 / 2 on speed tests now with my owned modem vs. sometimes seeing 25 - 30 down (speed boost) on the old 20/1 config from Insight-RR.

OSUGoose
Columbus, OH

OSUGoose

Same here same CMTS bonding.

qbunnie
@ohio-state.edu

qbunnie

Anon

Thanks for the info!
No way for me to check my CMTS, currently on AT&T U-Verse. I'll buy a D3 modem as soon as I hear its 30/5 is available where I live. I vaguely remember seeing TWC had a list of approved modems.
Matt7
Columbus, OH

Matt7

said by qbunnie :

Thanks for the info!
No way for me to check my CMTS, currently on AT&T U-Verse. I'll buy a D3 modem as soon as I hear its 30/5 is available where I live. I vaguely remember seeing TWC had a list of approved modems.

yeah the only reason I know my CMTS is D3 is because I have a D3 modem on my insight err Time Warner service (My own modem purchased) because I wanted to have my own modem and future proof it (have a D3 modem for when Insight finally gave us D3 speeds from TW). It synced up with multiple channels so!

Yes, TWC has a approved modem list. I recommend getting one that supports 8 down stream 4 up stream. (Such as SBG6580, SB6141, CG3000, 5341J)

I have the 5341J with my services.. It had issues with Re sync every 12 hours under Insight but this has been resolved it seems with the TW Change over.

OSUGoose
Columbus, OH

OSUGoose

Same here
oldmike
join:2005-04-14
Latonia, KY

oldmike to JayOSU

to JayOSU
Expect the price to go up. First month with TWC, the bill went up $10, equally split between TV (Basic Classic Cable) and Internet (10/1). Second month, bill went up another $10, also equally split. If the bill goes up another $10 this month, my TV will go to DirecTV, my Internet to Cincinnati Bell Fioptics, and TWC will go away.