All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs

flwpwr
@comcast.net

flwpwr to FifthE1ement

Anon

to FifthE1ement

Re: Why did Comcast do an install like this!?

said by FifthE1ement:

said by jdevans5 :

So I have recently been having wterrible ping spikes and packet loss. I have been on live chat 4 or 5 times and all they have done is reset my modem. This did NOTHING. I have replaced the modem and gotten the same issues. I have also replaced the router twice and still have the problem. So i began to look at my installation to see if anything changed recently and decided to share what it looks like. How could a Comcast tech do an install like this?

»imgur.com/a/nzW7N

I don't see anything wrong with this install? In fact they grounded the wires! What more do you want?

»imgur.com/a/nzW7N

LOL, J/K bro. Comcast does this all the time and they get away with it so they'll continue to do it. The complaint department is your friend! I think the guys above are dead wrong. If you own and home and take pride in it, then this install makes it look like garbage.

5th

That is not a home, that's a MDU with post wiring on VINYL siding. That mess is the OWNERS responsibility to get fixed, we do NOT drill or run wires on that type if place, those are probably Dish/DTV runs hijacked over to comcast. You cannot DRILL it becasue it voids the warranty, the special clips for vinyl siding just pull right back out in 6 months or less, so they are useless, and you cannot SCREW clip them as your putting holes in it, so voiding the warranty. Company policy even if someone already voided it, we don't give them an invitation to claim we did it and sue for new siding. That wiring issue is strictly a tenant/land lord issue and if you don't like his/her answer, then you can move. Never seen one get it cleaned up yet though.

IowaCowboy
Lost in the Supermarket
Premium Member
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA

IowaCowboy

Premium Member

In our area, Comcast treats duplexes similar to single family homes except they run two drops to the tap. I had an underground drop go bad and they replaced it free of charge but the cut corners in doing it.

I also paid to have another outlet installed in the upstairs bedroom that I occupy. As for landlords, I know in Mass that landlords must allow a cable company access to the building if one or more tenants requests cable.

Another thing pertaining to the OP and the wiring is Chicago has an overbuilder and overbuilders tend to use existing inside wiring and connect it to their drop when a customer switches companies. There is four ground blocks in the OPs photos so one set is probably Comcast and the other is an overbuilder.