Search similar:

uniqs

CS Chaos
@charter.com

CS Chaos

Anon

Shogun 2 Question

Hello,

I have recently bought a new copy of Shogun 2 limited edition. As a big Total War fanatic, I've been in the market for a new copy of this for some time. However, I have also recently bought a HP Pavilion G series laptop, and have download the game onto that.

What I wanted to know is if it is possible to run the game to its fullest capacity with the computer I am using? And if not, what computer would be capable of handling it.

Here's some background on my current laptop:

Powered by Core i3 processor
4GB RAM DDR3 and expendable capacity up to 8GB
500 GB hard disc drive
Intel HD Graphics processor

If more information is needed, just holler to me. Thanks for your time.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

No discrete graphics card? You're going to be limited.

Kaltes
Premium Member
join:2002-12-04
Los Angeles, CA

Kaltes to CS Chaos

Premium Member

to CS Chaos
Shogun 2 is a resource hog. Even with my upper end computer the loading times were ridiculous. Like 1-2 minutes to boot up the game and such. CA games tend to be really unoptimized.

I actually had to stop playing shogun 2 because the stupid dev introduced a feature that, without asking, purposely fogged the game to hell if it thought you had a weak computer. The game failed to recognize certain graphics cards, so the game was fogged to hell, like it or not, on ANY setting. It made the game unplayable as the campaign map was ugly and difficult to see.

All the devs would have had to do was include an option in the settings to disable their little fogging "feature" as in an earlier patch, I ran the game fine on full settings. But no, this bug has never been fixed and is game-breaking despite several forum topics discussing it.