join:2012-12-13
Brighton, TN
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to TWC NY

Re: Multiple Websites for sbs 2003 and USG-100

Since this thread is active again...

dcollins-I know it doesn't seem that way, but the folks around here really are a helpful bunch! I think your comment about the USG line being a hunk of junk may have made this thread go awry, especially considering I think what it all boils down to is this:

years ago you obviously purchased a full fledged webserver with routing features built in. Now that that box is obsolete, you went and purchased a full fledged router and expected it to have features of a webserver [the reverse proxy]. As was mentioned above, apples and oranges. The ZyXel USG line are awesome routers, offering a LOT of bang for the buck-but they aren't webservers, or reverse proxys. That link I posted above has a poster discussing the exact same thing that you are trying to do, and the people that replied to him all basically said the same thing that has been said here. If you really truely cannot obtain a business class connection with mutlitple IPs [the easiest way], then you need to look at obtaining a reverse proxy. You maybe able to keep the ZyXel since it is an awesome router, or take it back since it doesn't fit your needs.

-Alan

mozerd
Light Will Pierce The Darkness
Premium,MVM
join:2004-04-23
Nepean, ON
said by FirebirdTN:

That link I posted above has a poster discussing the exact same thing that you are trying to do, and the people that replied to him all basically said the same thing that has been said here. If you really truely cannot obtain a business class connection with mutlitple IPs [the easiest way], then you need to look at obtaining a reverse proxy. You maybe able to keep the ZyXel since it is an awesome router, or take it back since it doesn't fit your needs.

very nicely stated.
--
David Mozer
IT-Expert on Call
Information Technology for Home and Business