Search similar:

uniqs
petey_
join:2003-06-14
Louisville, KY

1 edit

petey_

[E-Mail] Was the TWC Louisvilles Transition postponed June17

I was never prompted today like I expected to setup email. Was anyone in Louisville prompted? I received the mailer that said June 10th was the day but the website looks like its now June 17th per the website.
koebner
join:2006-07-18
Lexington, KY

koebner

It says the 17th now for all of Kentucky,but I was able to complete registration,etc. this morning.
petey_
Louisville, KY

petey_

Were you able to create your TWC emails as well?

cowboy
So Much For Subtlety
Premium Member
join:2000-03-14
La Grange, KY

cowboy

Premium Member

I'm in Louisville, but on a business account.

I got the email today, with the requisite data to complete the twc registration
rjbasye
join:2000-05-24
Dry Ridge, KY

rjbasye

I received no email, but I noticed my IP Address changed and that allowed me to sign up for registration. I am prompted for my zip code on twc.com but it doesn't show my local TV listings and such. I guess that will work eventually.

cowboy
So Much For Subtlety
Premium Member
join:2000-03-14
La Grange, KY

cowboy

Premium Member

Note, however, that I have not yet received any notification about the TV side of things.

I certain hope TWC does better than Insight wrt having business inet and consumer TV
petey_
Louisville, KY

petey_

I was able to complete the registration as well but I was unable to create any email addresses yet. I was hoping to test out the WatchESPN app.
David85
join:2010-09-21
Louisville, KY

David85

I watched espn & espn 2 on watch espn. Tried espn u but I don't subscribe to it.
petey_
Louisville, KY

petey_

I'm sorry I didn't specify I meant the iPhone app WatchESPN which requires certain providers login credentials. TWC is listed.
petey_

petey_

For people who created emails already, where did you go to create them?
robjulo
join:2004-08-22
Louisville, KY

robjulo to petey_

to petey_
You don't need the TWC email for Watch ESPN. Register with TWC at myservices.timewarnercable.com. You will get a logon ID / password from TWC when you register. You do need to put in an email when you register with TWC but simply use a gmail address or other email you use.

Once you get a TWC logon id password, you will use it for the Watch Now app.

If you are an internet only customer, Watch Now will not work and you will get a notice from the app that it is "Unable to Play Video" because your cable subscription does not include access.
koebner
join:2006-07-18
Lexington, KY

koebner to petey_

to petey_
said by petey_:

Were you able to create your TWC emails as well?

koebner

koebner to petey_

to petey_
Yeah, I set up a TWC e-mail account.
petey_
Louisville, KY

petey_

Finally figured it out. Their website is a little weird. I wouldn't have thought sub accounts would have been additional emails but rather additional authorized users to make changes to the account.

Lykele
@insightbb.com

Lykele

Anon

Is mail addressed to your old Insight address being forwarded to the new TWC email?

I ask because mine is still going to Insight and I can see the messages using Insight webmail. But never make their way over to TWC. I spoken with a few people on the chat line and the last one said he fixed it, but still not working.

Thanks Lykele
petey_
Louisville, KY

petey_

Sorry Lykele. I never used my insight email for anything so I can't answer that question.
Zig
join:2008-11-20
Lexington, KY

Zig to Lykele

to Lykele
I transferred 2 email accounts and while they did copy my emails to the new account, new emails are not being automatically forwarded.

Lykele
@insightbb.com

Lykele

Anon

That's the same experience I've had. I believe I read somewhere that the forwarding from old email to new TWC email will be for one year.

I don't use Insight mail very much, but just need a little time to advise doctors, dentist and other types that occasionally send some advisories.

Lykele
Mystic95Z
join:2005-05-10
Orlando, FL

Mystic95Z to petey_

to petey_
Me either. I've never received a email switch over email as of today, but I did see this news story a few mins ago.

»www.wave3.com/story/2261 ··· ustomers

Macy
South Of Insanity
MVM,
join:2001-12-02
Pink Beanbag

1 recommendation

Macy to Lykele

MVM,

to Lykele
From what I've read on Time Warner's site, you have to set up forwarding thru the " mail migration process" when you first register with Time Warner. If you missed that step you can go to www.trueswitch.com/welcomeinsight and register now. LINK: ( »secure5.trueswitch.com/g ··· =insight ) Once registered, forwarding from your old Insight address will work until June 2014.

Here's the link to Time Warner's page, the info is listed under the questions section How do I transfer my Insight contacts and email messages? and What happens if someone sends me an email to my old Insight email address?
»www.twcwelcome.com/faqs- ··· cky.html

dark_star
join:2003-11-14
Louisville

dark_star to petey_

to petey_
I still haven't been switched to TWC internet. Has anyone else in Louisville not yet got the forced internet registration web page? I'm in the 40219 zip.
Zero3K
join:2009-06-13
Louisville, KY

Zero3K

I also haven't gotten the forced registration page as of today. I did register earlier though, so I should at least have my IP address change over to one with a hostname of insight.rr.com.

OSUGoose
join:2007-12-27
Columbus, OH

OSUGoose

No it will switch to a hostname of whatever division they add you to. Only Columbus, OH will have and keep insight.rr.com hostnames.
Zero3K
Louisville, KY

Zero3K to petey_

to petey_
So, what is my IP supposed to be when switched over to TWC's backend?

dark_star
Louisville

dark_star to Zero3K

to Zero3K
Ok, I called customer service today. Got stuck in a voice recognition snafu (“did you say you want to move your service”), so I hung up, called back and asked for tech support.

They were helpful, and emailed me a link to the registration page. It didn't work. They first offered to “walk me though it”, but I was already half out the door on the way to work.

Didn't work:
»www.registration.rr.com/

However, this one did:
»registration.rr.com/welcome

I'm all done now, including email registration. Oddly enough, speedtest.net still reports my IP as Insight Communications Company.
radiotrumpet
join:2013-03-11
Louisville, KY

radiotrumpet to petey_

to petey_
I never got the forced web site either. I just went ahead and went to the registration site: »registration.rr.com/welcome

BE SURE TO USE THE SECURED SITE The unsecured site is a fake site with a Time Warner logo!!!! BEWARE!!

I did not migrate my mail. I clicked Finish on the page where they offered to migrate my mail. I then set up the second account in my Windows Live email so I can still see mail coming in from my old account. The new account is set as the default account, so all email goes out on the twc.com account. Went rather smoothly.

BTW.. the SMTP mail sites are: mail.twc.com. Be sure to enter your whole email address in the username field along with your password in the password field. The outgoing mail server requires authentication, so check the box

What I didn't like was that they changed my start page to their twc.com site, but that has been changed back to my preferred site.

dark_star
Louisville

dark_star

Great Grandma's ghost! Their mail servers use no password encryption in transport – passwords are sent over the internet in plain text! I won't be using my @twc.com address for anything at all.
radiotrumpet
join:2013-03-11
Louisville, KY

radiotrumpet to petey_

to petey_
Unfortunately yes.... It's been that way forever...
Zero3K
Louisville, KY

Zero3K to petey_

to petey_
Has anyone in the 40220 zip code area got their IP Address changed yet?
itch
join:2008-12-06
Louisville, KY

itch to petey_

to petey_
I set up my email account 2 weeks ago with Time Warner. I thought my emails from Insight would go into my new email with TWC.
It did not. I went to the Insight email website and found i still had 55 emails in that account.
Do i have to call TWC about this concern?