uniqs
Hahausuck
Premium Member
join:2003-12-14

Hahausuck to Grumpy4

Premium Member

to Grumpy4

Re: Oil question

I know some guys run Rotella all of the time. From what I recall on my own research, is it is a good oil and has lots of detergents. Obviously debatable on higher mileage engines.... The only way to be sure on its effects would be an oil analysis like something from Blackstone Labs.
XXXXXXXXXXX1
Premium Member
join:2006-01-11
Beverly Hills, CA

XXXXXXXXXXX1

Premium Member

said by Hahausuck:

The only way to be sure on its effects would be an oil analysis like something from Blackstone Labs.

Have you (or anybody else in this forum) used Blackstone Labs for a UOA? I'm some time away from doing one on my vehicle, but I'm looking for a good, reasonably priced oil analysis. Amsoil has one at a preferred price of about $18 (not including shipping costs to and from my home). Blackstone Labs is priced at $25 plus shipping (and offers free shipping of the kit to me). Seems to be within a few bucks of each other really..

»www.amsoil.com/shop/by-p ··· KIT06-EA

»www.blackstone-labs.com/ ··· kits.php

robbin
Mod
join:2000-09-21
Leander, TX

robbin

Mod

said by XXXXXXXXXXX1:

said by Hahausuck:

The only way to be sure on its effects would be an oil analysis like something from Blackstone Labs.

Have you (or anybody else in this forum) used Blackstone Labs for a UOA? I'm some time away from doing one on my vehicle, but I'm looking for a good, reasonably priced oil analysis.

I've used them for about 10 years now. I started with the first oil change on my then new Sprinter van. I've had oil from every change analyzed and since also had a few analysis done on other engines. I highly recommend them. I especially like the personalized comments they give with the lab report. The comments give a nice concise translation of the technical report in layman terms that anyone can understand. They also do a really good job of comparing the current test to past tests that have been done on the vehicle as well as to all the tests they have in their database of the same type vehicle/engine etc which are very helpful in showing trends and how the engine is performing over time and what is normal for the engine at the current mileage, etc.
XXXXXXXXXXX1
Premium Member
join:2006-01-11
Beverly Hills, CA

XXXXXXXXXXX1

Premium Member

said by robbin:

I've used them for about 10 years now. I started with the first oil change on my then new Sprinter van. I've had oil from every change analyzed and since also had a few analysis done on other engines. I highly recommend them. I especially like the personalized comments they give with the lab report. The comments give a nice concise translation of the technical report in layman terms that anyone can understand. They also do a really good job of comparing the current test to past tests that have been done on the vehicle as well as to all the tests they have in their database of the same type vehicle/engine etc which are very helpful in showing trends and how the engine is performing over time and what is normal for the engine at the current mileage, etc.

Thank you! Blackstone it is then!