TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON
kudos:5
reply to The Mongoose

Re: [Cable] ATPIA - Migration Schedule UPDATED June 6th

No plans to sell my SB6120. Might just clean it up nice and rebox it and save it for a rainy day.

nupogodi
Premium
join:2012-07-10
Toronto, ON
reply to TSI Marc
Can you get line stats from DCM476? Last time I had issues TekSavvy/Rogers weren't willing to send a tech out, but when I read out the line stats they saw something was wrong and the Rogers tech found that some other stupid tech had put a very aggressive splitter on my line... Having access to that sort of stuff really helps.

Fraoch

join:2003-08-01
Cambridge, ON
kudos:2
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
said by nupogodi:

Can you get line stats from DCM476?

Sure:

Status Code: Operational
Software Version: STAC.02.50
Software Model: a81a
Bootloader: 2.3.1

Cable Signal Details
Forward Path:
Channel Frequency Power SNR BER Modulation
1 621.0 MHz 4.6 dBmV 39.0 dB 0.000 % 256 QAM
2 591.0 MHz 3.9 dBmV 38.9 dB 0.000 % 256 QAM
3 597.0 MHz 4.1 dBmV 39.2 dB 0.000 % 256 QAM
4 603.0 MHz 4.1 dBmV 38.9 dB 0.000 % 256 QAM
5 609.0 MHz 3.9 dBmV 39.0 dB 0.000 % 256 QAM
6 615.0 MHz 4.2 dBmV 38.8 dB 0.000 % 256 QAM
7 633.0 MHz 4.4 dBmV 38.6 dB 0.000 % 256 QAM
8 639.0 MHz 4.0 dBmV 38.5 dB 0.000 % 256 QAM
Return Path:
Channel ID Frequency Power Modulation
5 31.3 MHz 45.3 dBmV 16 QAM
6 25.3 MHz 45.3 dBmV 16 QAM
7 22.1 MHz 45.3 dBmV 16 QAM
8 38.6 MHz 45.3 dBmV 16 QAM
Data Service Details
Provisioned Address: Yes
Provisioned Time: Yes
Provisioned Configuration: Yes
BPI: Enabled
--
TekSavvy 28/1 cable - Technicolor DCM476 - Ubiquiti EdgeRouter Lite - Amer Networks SGD8 switch - ASUS RT-N66U (as WAP)

nupogodi
Premium
Toronto, ON
Neat. I guess things aren't so bad after all.

creed3020
Premium
join:2006-04-26
Kitchener, ON
reply to TSI Marc
Ahh, I just can't wait until June 24th. Time to go crunch the numbers again and see if I want 25/2 or 35/3...

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium
Toronto, ON
said by creed3020:

Ahh, I just can't wait until June 24th. Time to go crunch the numbers again and see if I want 25/2 or 35/3...

I've crunched the numbers on ALL the plans limited and unlimited on all the tiers - and factored in the 13% HST
I still can't make up my mind 45/4 unlimited or 150/10 limited.
The see-saw point is the unlimited 2am-8am window - might work for me - might not - just no "guarantee" for peace of mind on the later plan even at .50 to a max of $50 on top.

CBB oh how you pain me so.

/me wanders off muttering about CRTC insanity.
--
----|- From the mind located in the shadows of infinity -|----
Nine.Zero.Burp.Nine.Six
Twitter = Twizted Zero
Chat = irc.teksavvy.ca

WilliamDecke

join:2009-07-19
Cambridge, ON
The answer is absolutely clear for me. 45/4 all the way. 150/10 would be nice, but for the price difference I won't notice it 99% of the time and the other 1% I'm just being impatient.

I'm lining up for June 24th as well. I was sad when it was delayed, but I chose not to switch ISPs for many reasons. Firstly being that Techsavvy respects my privacy (and with all the NSA shit in the states and them actually making a statement on this type of stuff, i can respect that), secondly has been the customer service. I appreciate updates on downtimes and whatnot. I don't care my service is out. I care about not being in the dark about it (last Friday Kitchener took a shit and was down for a few hours...I was working on my bathroom at the time).

Sadly it's only WITH dslreports that I like Teksavvy. The direct forum is exactly what someone like myself wants. I don't care to call and wait, I'd rather do business over email/web forum where I can ask/answer questions at my convenience.

The 2am - 8am unlimited downloads, and unlimited uploads are sufficient enough to keep me happy doing what I do with my internet, all for a realistic price

theboyk

join:2004-10-04
Toronto, ON
reply to TSI Marc
said by TSI Marc:

Scarlett migration delayed until Wednesday June 12 2013. (i.e. tomorrow night)

I'm on the Scarlett POI, which, based on the above, I assume hasn't been migrated yet (supposed to happen tonight). Yet, when I go to the TSI website and look up the packages available to my postal code, I'm seeing the new aggregated packages.

As well, when I log into the MyWorld portal, I'm also given then option to change my Rogers package to one of the new aggregated packages.

This is a little confusing because I've been dealing with a TSI support employee (?), via PMs on the TSI Forums (via the TSI website) and I just received a PM from them saying that I'll know when the migration to Scarlett is complete because only then will the aggregated packages appear on the TSI website when I enter my postal code and only then will the option appear to upgrade my package via the TSI MyWorld portal.

So, I can assume one of two things:

#1. Scarlett has been upgraded ahead of schedule (since the aggregated packages are appearing on both the website and MyWorld portal); or

#2. The TSI support employee I've been dealing with, via TSI's own official forums, the TSI website and the TSI MyWorld portal are all wrong.

Based on recent events & my experience with TSI as of late, I'm going to assume #2.

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium
Toronto, ON
You'll likely to know for sure when your trace route has completely changed from the Scarlett POI in the results.
I'd say that might be a stronger indicator. Though not factual.
And anyways wouldn't you want to wait a day or two before you put in your change order to one of the new packs and let others ahead of you maybe smooth the way and iron out potential problems first so you have less of a headachy experience when you finally do? Or are you in such a hurry you want to be an early adopter? The choice is yours.
--
Nine.Zero.Burp.Nine.Six
Twitter = Twizted Zero
Chat = irc.teksavvy.ca

The Mongoose

join:2010-01-05
Toronto, ON
reply to theboyk
said by theboyk:

said by TSI Marc:

Scarlett migration delayed until Wednesday June 12 2013. (i.e. tomorrow night)

So, I can assume one of two things:

#1. Scarlett has been upgraded ahead of schedule (since the aggregated packages are appearing on both the website and MyWorld portal); or

#2. The TSI support employee I've been dealing with, via TSI's own official forums, the TSI website and the TSI MyWorld portal are all wrong.

Based on recent events & my experience with TSI as of late, I'm going to assume #2.

Definitely #2. Basically it looks like the agents have been trained to say that the new packages will appear when the POI in question is switched over, based on the new schedule. Scarlett was delayed, which probably wasn't communicated to every agent. The portal also probably switched over on the day of the scheduled change, since it was expected that day. Again, the delay probably wasn't taken into account.

I'd wait until we're sure the POI is switched over, then submit your request.

Robleh

join:2009-07-14
canada
Reviews:
·ELECTRONICBOX
reply to TSI Marc
They just updated the postal codes Scarlett will be done tonight.

1 1 ms 1 ms 1 ms CISCOA6905 [192.168.1.1]
2 10 ms 8 ms 7 ms 10.126.197.1
3 10 ms 10 ms 10 ms 69.63.243.61
4 8 ms 8 ms 8 ms scarlett2.cable.teksavvy.com [69.165.216.62]
5 10 ms 8 ms 9 ms 24-52-255-49.cable.teksavvy.com [24.52.255.49]
6 9 ms 11 ms 8 ms 2110.ae0.agg01.tor.packetflow.ca [69.196.136.44]

7 15 ms 15 ms 19 ms bdr01.chatham.teksavvy.com [206.248.154.118]
8 16 ms 16 ms 16 ms www.teksavvy.com [206.248.155.70]

theboyk

Toronto, ON
reply to TwiztedZero
said by TwiztedZero:

You'll likely to know for sure when your trace route has completely changed from the Scarlett POI in the results.
I'd say that might be a stronger indicator. Though not factual.
And anyways wouldn't you want to wait a day or two before you put in your change order to one of the new packs and let others ahead of you maybe smooth the way and iron out potential problems first so you have less of a headachy experience when you finally do? Or are you in such a hurry you want to be an early adopter? The choice is yours.

Well, since the current TSI cable connection at that location is basically unusable from about 8PM onwards, well into the evening, and I've been told a number of times now that the POI upgrade *should* fix the issue, I'll admit it—I'm a little anxious to get moving with it.

As for having a less of a headachy experience—I'm going to go with it being a headachy experience either way. I've yet to have a TSI upgrade or installation completed (this will be number six, I think) without a "headachy experience" (which usually involves loosing an internet connection, sometimes loosing a phone connection, taking days off work waiting for "technicians" to not show up, etc.).

So, might as well do a quick-pull of the band-aid versus the slow pull...

The Mongoose

Toronto, ON
said by theboyk:

Well, since the current TSI cable connection at that location is basically unusable from about 8PM onwards, well into the evening, and I've been told a number of times now that the POI upgrade *should* fix the issue, I'll admit it—I'm a little anxious to get moving with it.

As for having a less of a headachy experience—I'm going to go with it being a headachy experience either way. I've yet to have a TSI upgrade or installation completed (this will be number six, I think) without a "headachy experience" (which usually involves loosing an internet connection, sometimes loosing a phone connection, taking days off work waiting for "technicians" to not show up, etc.).

If your problems are actually being caused just by being on Scarlett (fairly unlikely as most people on Scarlett aren't experiencing what you describe) then the switch to aggregated tonight will fix it whether you request a speed change or not.

Hope it works for you either way...we definitely saw some random issues on other POIs get resolved with the move to ATPIA. I think it was North York where Teksavvy had lots of capacity but people were having a great deal of difficulty with their connections. Turns out Rogers had been screwing up somehow, and whatever bottleneck they'd left in place was fixed by the switch.

gosens

join:2011-10-17
Toronto, ON
reply to theboyk
said by theboyk:

So, might as well do a quick-pull of the bandaid versus the slow pull...

I had the same question last week. On June 1 I noticed the new packages available for my postal code. But I am on the Dupont POI, which is not until June 17 - and at the time was scheduled for June 10.

I went ahead with the change regardless, figuring that when they complete the switch, all accounts will be on ATPIA, even those in legacy packages, not just the people on the new packages. So if there are hiccups I'll be affected regardless. May as well have the higher speeds right away and if there's an issue - it's the same either way.

I'm also hoping that the change will fix what I perceive as a lot of slowdowns, intermittencies, and poor latency. No guarantees it's not my equipment but this has become bothersome over the last month or so. I'm hoping that the new POIs will add stability and that in conjunction with the changes that Teksavvy is also adding a lot more capacity.

theboyk

Toronto, ON
reply to The Mongoose
said by The Mongoose:

said by theboyk:

If your problems are actually being caused just by being on Scarlett (fairly unlikely as most people on Scarlett aren't experiencing what you describe) then the switch to aggregated tonight will fix it whether you request a speed change or not. Hope it works for you either way.

Well, TSI said it should fix it, so who am I to argue with Rogers.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in
reply to TSI Marc
Comstock opened up what? A year ago tops? All that money wasted...

The Mongoose

Toronto, ON
reply to theboyk
I edited my post above to elaborate a bit; there have definitely been POI switches that fixed problems Rogers had been causing for ages without anyone ever identifying them.

But if your problem is specific to your node, your equipment, or some other bizarre problem with your connection alone, the switch won't help. Hopefully that won't be the case.

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium
Toronto, ON
reply to gosens
Just out of curiosity - what quadrant of Dupont POI are you located in (nearest intersection will suffice) as the Dupont POI serves quite a large area.

Everything in Yellow is guess-timated to be served by the Dupont POI (the blue marker is where the POI building is actually located) I've walked there its only 1.6km from where I am. Took pix's too you'll prolly find those on Google image search.
--
Nine.Zero.Burp.Nine.Six
Twitter = Twizted Zero
Chat = irc.teksavvy.ca

The Mongoose

Toronto, ON
It serves even more than that, I'm on the east side of Yonge at Eglinton and I'm on Dupont. Bizarre.

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium
Toronto, ON
Again those boundaries are very fuzzy they're just estimated projections of each POI coverage area from what Sbrook could piece together for the POI Maps.

Ofc those maps will be useless after the migration to ATPIA since everything will go thru York Mills and aggregated through 151 Front St. So thats gona be one more tool less in our little sandbox.
--
Nine.Zero.Burp.Nine.Six
Twitter = Twizted Zero
Chat = irc.teksavvy.ca

theboyk

Toronto, ON
reply to The Mongoose
said by The Mongoose:

I edited my post above to elaborate a bit; there have definitely been POI switches that fixed problems Rogers had been causing for ages without anyone ever identifying them.

Yea, blind faith is what I'm riding right now...

said by The Mongoose:

But if your problem is specific to your node, your equipment, or some other bizarre problem with your connection alone, the switch won't help. Hopefully that won't be the case.

Well, it's not my equipment.

I've rebuilt the network at that location (including all new hardware and wiring) within the last month or so, and there was no change. And the setup is a very close mirror of a optimal/functional network at another location (difference being, that location being on DSL, not cable—so, a different modem & a very minor change to the connection configuration on the router). I decided to rebuild the network at this location because there were major issues with TSI DSL prior (which ended up being "Bell's fault"—so, Rocky eventually, after some teeth pulling and lots of logging, had the location switched to cable), and even though I was confident it wasn't an issue with the network, figured a rebuilt couldn't hurt.

I've also eliminated the network completely at that location, punching in directly to the modem, and have experienced the same issue (though, this is not doable consistently as I'm not actually at that location).

Anyway, it got to the point where they said the POI upgrade should fix the issue, and if not, then it's time to bring in Rogers (which is a last resort, because bringing in Bell or Rogers, with or without the TSI delay in the middle, is always a pain in the ass).

So, like I said...blind faith.

gosens

join:2011-10-17
Toronto, ON
reply to TwiztedZero
said by TwiztedZero:

Just out of curiosity - what quadrant of Dupont POI are you located in (nearest intersection will suffice) as the Dupont POI serves quite a large area.

I'm a ways out of that area, north of Eglinton almost at Avenue. (north of Castlefield to be more precise)

theboyk

Toronto, ON
reply to TwiztedZero
Looking at that map, the location I'm having an issue with is on High Park Avenue (a few blocks west of Bloor & Keele), which is actually Scarlett, I think. Based on a trace from that location, it would look to be Scarlett, no?

traceroute to teksavvy.com (206.248.155.70), 64 hops max, 52 byte packets
1 192.168.11.254 (192.168.11.254) 0.713 ms 0.259 ms 0.265 ms
2 10.126.181.129 (10.126.181.129) 8.461 ms 6.895 ms 7.696 ms
3 67.231.220.161 (67.231.220.161) 34.481 ms 11.873 ms 11.524 ms
4 scarlett1.cable.teksavvy.com (24.246.55.110) 8.341 ms 7.739 ms 11.516 ms
5 scarlett1.cable.teksavvy.com (24.246.55.105) 9.976 ms 9.053 ms 7.908 ms

6 2110.ae0.agg01.tor.packetflow.ca (69.196.136.44) 8.684 ms 9.472 ms
2120.ae0.agg01.tor.packetflow.ca (69.196.136.77) 8.939 ms
7 bdr01.tek.packetflow.ca (206.248.155.237) 14.737 ms
bdr01.chatham.teksavvy.com (206.248.154.118) 18.428 ms
bdr01.tek.packetflow.ca (206.248.155.237) 15.785 ms
8 www.teksavvy.com (206.248.155.70) 15.221 ms 15.984 ms 27.101 ms

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium
Toronto, ON
reply to theboyk
Umm you're talking DSL? in a Cable thread? Oh never mind just checking. Yeah looks like you're on Scarlett POI then thats the blue area to the left in the picture you can see the whole thing on the poi map in the link just above

theboyk

Toronto, ON
said by TwiztedZero:

Umm you're talking DSL? in a Cable thread? Different issues all together. We're dealing with rCable here AFAIK.

I'm talking cable.

I'm only talking DSL in that...

1. The location having issues with cable also had issues with DSL (neither of which were the result of my hardware or wiring).

2. I mentioned that the network setup (post modem) is almost an identical mirror to the network setup up another location (that difference being the other location being on DSL, not cable...other than that, the networks themselves are identical, aside from a minor configuration change on the router level to deal with the cable connection vs a DSL connection).

nupogodi
Premium
Toronto, ON
reply to The Mongoose
Yonge & Eg on Dupont checkin' in.

By "very fuzzy" you mean "totally wrong", TwistedZero?

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium
Toronto, ON
For some clairification Read here: Local Variations

chaos1105

join:2004-01-18
kudos:1
reply to TSI Marc
Was the Scarlett upgrade successful?

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:28
said by chaos1105:

Yep, it was!
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

chaos1105

join:2004-01-18
kudos:1

1 edit
said by TSI Marc:

said by chaos1105:

Yep, it was!

Great, thanks! If a profile change request was submitted through MyWorld a few days ago, would it have been cancelled due to the delay in upgrading Scarlett?