how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

IanR

join:2001-03-22
Fort Mill, SC

Freedompop: How to cancel service

I joined the Freedompop service last year as a back up wireless isp, but find I rarely use their service.
Meantime they mostly charge me an extra $6.95 pm for things like HighSpeed Guaranty and Notification Service etc. Very ocasionaly the fee pm falls to Maintenance fee of around a dollar.

I have tried to call two numbers but cannot raise an operator on either number.
I have spent over one hour on their website but cannot find ANY working link to cancelling service and note that one page lists a menu with "contacts" which is NOT enabled.

Anyone ever cancelled their Freedompop service and who did you achieve that?

Thanks.

rfnut
Premium
join:2002-04-27
Fisher, IL
kudos:2
On the "search Knowledgebase page that the "contact us" link takes you to, Click on the "Didn't find what you were looking for?" link. You will get a contact us form. Seems some people have luck with it.

IanR

Fort Mill, SC
I thought I had done that but the words contact were not "active" when I clicked it. Also I asked how to cancel and got nowhere just looped around. I am beginning to wonder if the whole company is a "scam".

rfnut
Premium
Fisher, IL
Reviews:
·Mediacom
From what I have seen, asking how to cancel results in no action, ie you are not going to get a person.

Some have reported luck this way:

www.freedompop.com/contact.htm

click on "Didn't find what you were looking for?" link. Then fill out form and click send. Its the only way I know of contacting them.

treichhart

join:2006-12-12
reply to IanR
This should not be in here since freedompop is not WISP.

rfnut
Premium
Fisher, IL

1 recommendation

true, but I figured I'd try an answer for an old time member before its moved out..

IanR

Fort Mill, SC
The advice is appreciated.