BiggA
Premium Member
join:2005-11-23
Central CT

BiggA to tshirt

Premium Member

to tshirt

Re: [Connectivity] Super slow downloads, uploads fine

I get how bad upload would mess up the download, but how would 11mbps of upload mess up the download? We're literally getting more than triple the upload. It's a bit messed up.

beachintech
There's sand in my tool bag
Premium Member
join:2008-01-06

1 recommendation

beachintech

Premium Member

You have a signal problem, call in to get it fixed. That's the simplest answer.
BiggA
Premium Member
join:2005-11-23
Central CT
·Frontier FiberOp..
Asus RT-AC68

BiggA

Premium Member

They're coming out tomorrow to take a look at it. The guy offered to put me on the $4 monthly wiring protection thing, and he said I could cancel after two months. So even if it is our [landlord's] problem, we pay $8. If it's their problem, we still pay $8. Not a bad deal. They must assume most people forget or just leave it on.

I'm 95% sure it's a Comcast problem though, as the wire that we plugged the modem into is a straight ~6' run to the ground block/demarc. The weird part is that the previous tenants had an old D2 modem that was fine, and we've gotten a couple of good speedtests, but rather randomly/ sporadically.

The contractor guy who did the two runs was very professional and did a good job, with neat wire runs, so hopefully we get someone good again. Of course I'd prefer a real Comcast employee, although the last two times I've dealt with contractors they've been fine. I wish they were union, and only they could do the truck rolls, but oh well, in a perfect world...