join:2003-12-19
Alfred, ME

1 recommendation

swintec

Premium Member

said by cyrisneo:

I got redirected earlier.....
»myservices-beta.timewarn ··· able.com

definitely better than the current one. much more fluid and such. more organized.

juilinsandar
Texas Gooner
Premium Member
join:2000-07-17
San Benito, TX

juilinsandar to cyrisneo

Premium Member

to cyrisneo
So much better than their current site.

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium Member
join:2001-11-25
Orchard Park, NY

hobgoblin

Premium Member

said by juilinsandar:

So much better than their current site.

Agreed

Hob
46436203 (banned)
join:2013-01-03

1 recommendation

46436203 (banned) to cyrisneo

to cyrisneo
quote:
Were sorry; we were not able to retrieve your data usage details at this time. Please try again later.
I'm glad to see that my bandwidth meter is still broken.

Can't cap me if you can't measure me!
PowerMac
join:2011-03-02
Anaheim, CA

1 recommendation

PowerMac

cr@p. I almost forgot to pay the bill. thank for reminding me. The beta website is looking neat and fluid
cramer
Premium Member
join:2007-04-10
Raleigh, NC

cramer to cyrisneo

Premium Member

to cyrisneo
quote:
July 2012 Date Usage
Very funny, indeed.
Mele20
Premium Member
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI

Mele20 to cyrisneo

Premium Member

to cyrisneo
Shame on TWC. That site does not allow you to enter a SAFE password. TWC wants your soul online (which we all know means NSA spying) but can't be bothered to let you have a safe password (not that it would stop NSA but might stop other hacking). They say the password cannot be less than 8 characters or more than 16 and the same limitations that are on RR email addresses apply to the password at MyServices. The limitations on RR email addresses are severe. To put the same limitations on MyServices password along with the absurdly short limit on the number of characters is insane and insulting.

It appears the only thing you miss getting if you don't agree to bad terms is you can't watch TV from TWC on your computer. Since my computer sits 3 feet from my TV that doesn't interest me.
Phroz
join:2005-11-23
Lewiston, ME

Phroz

said by Mele20:

They say the password cannot be less than 8 characters or more than 16 and the same limitations that are on RR email addresses apply to the password at MyServices. [...] To put the same limitations on MyServices password along with the absurdly short limit on the number of characters is insane and insulting.

16 characters is absurdly short, really? I can honestly say I've never created, nor had any desire to create a password longer than that.

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium Member
join:2001-11-25
Orchard Park, NY

hobgoblin

Premium Member

"16 characters is absurdly short, really? I can honestly say I've never created, nor had any desire to create a password longer than that."

Agreed

Hob

Suit Up
join:2003-07-21
Los Angeles, CA
Ubiquiti EdgeRouter X
TP-Link Archer C7

Suit Up to Phroz

to Phroz
said by Phroz:

16 characters is absurdly short, really? I can honestly say I've never created, nor had any desire to create a password longer than that.

Some of the researchers on passwords suggest that using phrases or sentances is a better mechanism for having easy to remember passwords that are still hard to bruteforce. Sure you can have a randomly generated 16 letter password, but you'll never remember it. But if your password is something like "Time Warner Cable sucks!" it will be very easy to remember. There really is no reason why they must require your password to be under some certain limit. I know some hashing algorithms have a limit (such as bcrypt only uses the first 72 characters). But it just silently drops the rest and there's no reason to limit the user.
46436203 (banned)
join:2013-01-03

46436203 (banned) to cyrisneo

to cyrisneo
I'm going to let you guys in on a little secret: no one cares about you. You're not some special snowflake. Your life is an insignificant grain of sand lost on an endless beach of 7 billion people. No one is going bruteforce your Time Warner account password. Because no one cares. You could probably have 'password' as your account password and no one would bother getting ahold of it.

I've used stupid, extremely simple one word all lowercase passwords like "yellow" or "antelope" on sites I don't really care about for years and I've never had an account compromised.

You really only need to bother with a secure password for retailing sites, bank accounts, e-mails and special sites that are difficult to replace accounts at (private torrent trackers )

Suit Up
join:2003-07-21
Los Angeles, CA
Ubiquiti EdgeRouter X
TP-Link Archer C7

Suit Up

said by 46436203:

You really only need to bother with a secure password for retailing sites, bank accounts, e-mails and special sites that are difficult to replace accounts at (private torrent trackers )

Uh... What do you think your TWC account is?
Happydude32
Premium Member
join:2005-07-16

Happydude32 to cyrisneo

Premium Member

to cyrisneo
Personally, I’d rather worry more about people you know doing malicious ‘hacking’ and gaining access to your account rather than worrying about being randomly hacked or watching out for the black helicopters while the NSA, FBI, CIA, DHS, FCC, FAA, USPS, UPS and TGI Fridays hack your account. For a while I used to hang out at one of the local Sprint Stores and shoot the shit with the store manager who was a real cell phone geek and seasoned in the industry. While Sprint corporate stores really have nothing to do with billing and such, you need to call up phone support for that, this guy had no end to the amount of stories about people who’s ex’s or kids would gain access to the online account management, and just starting adding every additional add on service you could think of, and going to the highest paid plans. It could be as simple as the account holder and his new ex-girlfriend being on the same plan and she having the credentials or as somewhat complicated and having a pissed off 16 year old install keylogging software on his parents computer and getting the login information that way.

Defiance
Computer Elite
Premium Member
join:2002-09-11
Minocqua, WI
Hitron EN2251
Ubiquiti AmpliFi Alien

Defiance to cyrisneo

Premium Member

to cyrisneo
Shucks it doesn't say PlayBoy TV :-p

Overall it looks nice. To bad I can't use the On Demand stuff though. I'd like to check out what PlayBoy has for On Demand LOL.

Services

TV
Basic Service
Standard Service
Digital Variety Tier
HBO & HBO On Demand
Cinemax & Cinemax On Demand
Showtime & Showtime On Demand
The Movie Channel & TMC On Demand
STARZ & STARZ On Demand

Internet
Ultimate Internet Upgrade
Ultimate Internet

Equipment

TV
Cable Card

Internet
Comsonics Modem (Weird because I have a Motorola Modem)

107GB Data Usage so far this month 203GB in May hmm....

antdude
Matrix Ant
Premium Member
join:2001-03-25
US

1 edit

antdude to cyrisneo

Premium Member

to cyrisneo
Nice redesign. I didn't retry LiveChat though. Is it any better than a few months ago (beginning of 2013) and still dial-up friendly (in case my cable Internet has problems)?

As for my Internet uages since 2/1/2013, it shows my three members household's TWC Internet standard package (15/1) had never went over 88 GB (a nice number -- "Great Scott!" Time travel! ) per month. And that's a lot of video and downloads too. Not bad.

mromero
Premium Member
join:2000-12-07
Fullerton, CA

mromero to cyrisneo

Premium Member

to cyrisneo
neat, looking at it now.