GlennLouEarl
3 brothers, 1 gone
Premium Member
join:2002-11-17
Richmond, VA

GlennLouEarl

Premium Member

Giving customers what they want

is always a better business plan (esp. for non-essential items).
elefante72
join:2010-12-03
East Amherst, NY

2 recommendations

elefante72

Microshaft is off it's rocker. They just went too far this time, and the populace has spoken.

People HATE DRM and all it's nebulous rules and restrictions, and MSFT is going to pay for this, on top of the $100 difference that Sony painfully learned. Sony is no saint, it baked in Cinavia into it's console, and that's why I dumped my PS3, and will probably skip the PS4 too. So to me console games are dead, PC for me. They are both a$$holes in my opinion. All Sony did was maintain the status quo, nothing really moves the needle. I'm asleep now. I'm sure Sony entertainment will riddle the console w/ media restrictions too, so it's still useless to me. My Roku is looking better every day and it was only $99....

More importantly all these consoles are now x86, so this makes it easier to port the games between the PC/XB/PS4 so these "exclusives" will go the way of the dodo bird too, and then it will be about the ecosystem vs a box

To make up for the $100, Sony charges $50 for PSN, so there's a little revenue stream.

Add to the Windows 8 debacle, heavily subsidizing WP8, Windows RT/ARM--or Windows RT in general and Microsoft is just having a crappy year, but interestingly the market likes it and the stock is up. The market thinks that MSFT can keep on bending over the public and we will keep taking it in the a$$.

1. Next gen console - Skip it. My PC works just fine and I can upgrade my graphics card for $150 now and play most games. Exclusives, what is this a Coach bag. I can care less.
2. Windows 8 - I dont have a touch screen and I run media center. I'll skip this too.
3. Windows RT - I'm not buying it for Office. My employer gives me a laptop, so I dont care. I use my ipad for 90% of my work now and I like it.
4. WP8 - OK decent, but android and apple are better and have the apps. Skip that too.
Warez_Zealot
join:2006-04-19
Vancouver

1 recommendation

Warez_Zealot to GlennLouEarl

to GlennLouEarl
said by GlennLouEarl:

is always a better business plan (esp. for non-essential items).

But in true Sony fashion they will take it away later down the road.
Skippy25
join:2000-09-13
Hazelwood, MO

Skippy25 to elefante72

to elefante72
I am going to guess that MS will backtrack on a few of the things here before release.

I don't expect online to be required, even every 24 hours.
I expect their sharing and reselling of games to be modified.
I expect they will have a version without the Kinect that will be $399 or less.

I could be way off, but I can't see them walking away from that ass kicking and not making some positive changes for gamers whom are the core of their customers.
millerja01a
join:2005-10-03
Durham, NC

millerja01a to elefante72

to elefante72
+1 to all your points.

MSFT has lost its way. It's time for fresh leadership in Redmond.

Seraphalx
@rr.com

Seraphalx to Skippy25

Anon

to Skippy25
The third thing won't happen. That would require completely redesigning the entire OS.