uniqs

ctgreybeard
Old dogs can learn new tricks
Premium Member
join:2001-11-13
Bethel, CT

ctgreybeard

Premium Member

[Tech] Time-lapse stills to movie (Mac)?

I'm thinking of playing with some time-lapse photography. I have a Canon T3i and I think I can use the laptop to make some time-lapse images but what is good to use to take the individual pictures and put them into a movie? This would be on a Mac but I do have Windows that I can run.

In a related note, is there anything available for the iPad which would be able to control the camera? That would be more convenient ...

TIA

Bill W

fourboxers
Mod
join:2003-05-04
Toronto

1 recommendation

fourboxers

Mod

Re: Time-lapse stills to movie (Mac)?

iMovie just drag in the stills you can then set the timing and add music if you want.

Tex
Dave's not here
Premium Member
join:2012-10-20

Tex to ctgreybeard

Premium Member

to ctgreybeard
If you don't have an intervalometer, I believe you can tether your camera to your laptop and use Canon's Digital Photo Professional to take the time lapse photos.

ctgreybeard
Old dogs can learn new tricks
Premium Member
join:2001-11-13
Bethel, CT

ctgreybeard

Premium Member

I was planning on using the Canon tools or gphoto2. I've been having trouble getting gphoto2 to compile on the Mac, I may have to resort to either Parallels/Debian or my Raspberry Pi.

USB connections through Parallels has been iffy for me so it may be the RPi but that needs a hard Ethernet connection which means a long cable ...

Decisions, decisions ...

natedj
Elected
Premium Member
join:2001-06-06
Irmo, SC

natedj to ctgreybeard

Premium Member

to ctgreybeard
You can also use QuickTime Pro to create a video from images. Works great and you have some flexibility on FPS.

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· tYyTAWAw