join:2003-05-26
Climax, MI
kudos:4
reply to 88615298

Re: give me standalone HBOGO

said by 88615298:

said by Alcohol:

said by FloridaBoy:

How much are you willing to pay for it??

I used a friends username/pass to sign into HBO Go on my computer and i was pretty impressed by it. I've been pirating GOT but if hbo go is provided to me for under $10 a month ($7.99 would be sweet), i will subscribe.

Sorry HBOGo will never be cheaper than regular HBO which is $15 a month and that's a fair price. Just because Netflix undercharges at $8 a month doesn't mean others should or would. Netflix should be charging more but too many whiners won't let that happen. Ironically by not allowing Netflix to charge more Netflix can't get the better content these same people are complaining Netflix doesn't have. If Netflix could charge say $11.99 a month without people leaving they would have $1.4 BILLION more per year to spend on content.

Netflix does not undercharge. They charge what they think is the right amount. Otherwise they would charge more. I still remember the quickstar nonsense.
It is less costly for netflix to product its own content than it is to licence it, which is fine with me. Networks can die.

HBO is perfectly capable of doing just on demand for $7.99 if they are doing HBO GO + cable for $10-15/mo.
--
I found the key to success but somebody changed the lock.

Premium
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness
said by Alcohol:

Netflix does not undercharge. They charge what they think is the right amount. Otherwise they would charge more.

Yeah because the last time they tried to raise prices by a couple of bucks their stock lost 80% of it's value and they lost 20% of their subscribers and got blasted in the media. If you asked them private they would love to charge a bit more as to acquire more content. People why Netflix has mostly crap content. Well that's all they can afford. Quit threatening to leave if they raise the price a few dollars so they can get this better content.

Alcohol
Premium
join:2003-05-26
Climax, MI
kudos:4
said by 88615298:

said by Alcohol:

Netflix does not undercharge. They charge what they think is the right amount. Otherwise they would charge more.

Yeah because the last time they tried to raise prices by a couple of bucks their stock lost 80% of it's value and they lost 20% of their subscribers and got blasted in the media. If you asked them private they would love to charge a bit more as to acquire more content. People why Netflix has mostly crap content. Well that's all they can afford. Quit threatening to leave if they raise the price a few dollars so they can get this better content.

No, that is not why their stock lost 80%. They lost 600,000 customers because they separated the DVD plans with the instant streaming plans. The CEOs letter sounded very arrogant and the idea to split the company into 2 separate entities is what made people angry.
--
I found the key to success but somebody changed the lock.