Premium,MVM
join:2004-04-27
Out Grazing
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Shaw

1 recommendation

[Icky] night or day?

We've got a tornado watch. The hail has started. And it's almost dark as night outside. I think I'll stay at work until it 'blows' over.
--
Jamais le mal n’aura le dernier mot. La foi et l’amour déplacent les montagnes de la haine.
- Marguerite (Maggy) Barankitse

leibold
Premium,MVM
join:2002-07-09
Sunnyvale, CA
kudos:10
Reviews:
·SONIC.NET

1 recommendation

said by squirt:

I think I'll stay at work until it 'blows' over.

That may not be the best choice of words! Let us hope it blows a wide arc around (instead of "over") you.

Stay safe
--
Got some spare cpu cycles ? Join Team Helix or Team Starfire!

squirt
cacatne alces in silvis?
Premium,MVM
Out Grazing
Reviews:
·Shaw

1 recommendation

Apparently there were some funnel clouds to the south of the city, but we just got hail and lots of rain. Might have to replant most of the garden ... we'll see.

I think I'll try to make it home now, before the next thunderstorm rolls through.
--
Jamais le mal n’aura le dernier mot. La foi et l’amour déplacent les montagnes de la haine.

sortofageek
Runs from Clowns
Premium,Mod
join:2001-08-19
kudos:23
I think I would have found a basement.

signmeuptoo
Bless you Howie
Premium
join:2001-11-22
NanoParticle
reply to squirt
They say this storm is going to affect over 30% of the populations of the USA, they have a name for this type of storm, I have forgotten what they call it. We're getting hit tomorrow. They are saying we should expect flooding here. There was a horrible flood here once, so I'm not looking forward to this.

Squirt, be safe!
--
Join Teams Helix and Discovery. Rest in Peace, Leonard David Smith, my best friend, you are missed badly! Rest in peace, Pop, glad our last years were good. Please pray for Colin, he has ependymoma, a brain cancer, donate to a children's Hospital.

squirt
cacatne alces in silvis?
Premium,MVM
Out Grazing
Reviews:
·Shaw

1 recommendation

the system has passed by. some flooding from the heavy rains, but not too much damage

we don't get too many tornadoes here, but there was one back in the late 1980s that killed 27 people ...

now it's your turn to stay safe, Mark!

p.s., although i didn't head to the basement, i did go into the 'inner corridor' of our building where there are no windows and chatted with a bunch of the people at work after we got the official warning from our employer
--

signmeuptoo
Bless you Howie
Premium
NanoParticle

1 edit

1 recommendation

I live up a hill just high enough that it would take a real flood like happened years ago, but my path to work, that's another story! That extreme storm last winter was enough of an ordeal.

EDIT: I remember now what they called the storm: A "Derecho", I was watching CBS national news.

signmeuptoo
Bless you Howie
Premium
NanoParticle
reply to squirt
Well, it seems the intensity and harm of the so called Derecho isn't nearly as bad as forcast. It's still raining pretty good here, but it's supposed to end by Saturday and we've only gotten about a third of the predicated rain, though things are still really soaked here. So far, June in CT is approaching the sixth wettest ever I understand. Sure would be nice to just have some average weather for a change...
--
Join Teams Helix and Discovery. Rest in Peace, Leonard David Smith, my best friend, you are missed badly! Rest in peace, Pop, glad our last years were good. Please pray for Colin, he has ependymoma, a brain cancer, donate to a children's Hospital.