spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

espco

@myfairpoint.net

[DIRECTV] Metv

Directv please add metv to your channel line up. If not we will switch to cable.

comp
Premium
join:2001-08-16
Evans City, PA

Switch!! This is not a Direct TV forum

westdc

join:2009-01-25
Amissville, VA
kudos:1

Even if it was D* doesn't care what anyone does as long as the bill is paid.

Premium
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness
reply to espco

Firstly I'm not sure why anyone would think this is a DirecTV forum where the people at DirecTv would actually read this. it would seem going to the DirecTv website and contacting them might be more beneficial.

Secondly MeTv is OTA thus a local TV. It's usually a subchannel on one of the network affiliates. Whether or not DirecTV has local subchannels in their programming I don't know. I will say that the OP should maybe try to get it in via OTA the didn't list where they live so I don't even know if that's possible.

Steve Mehs
Gun Control Is Using A Steady Hand
Premium
join:2005-07-16
kudos:1
reply to espco

It's all depends on you local affiliate. DirecTV doesn't carry sub channels, so if your local ME TV affiliate is a digital subchannel it will not be carried. In my market it is not and DirecTV carries it.

videonex

join:2001-07-22

ME TV is available directly to cable and satellite. Example, Time Warner carries in Southern California with no connection to OTA KDOC or KVME which do carry full time, KVME as a Main and KDOC as a sub. In fact I was recently in KVME's city of license and the local cable still didn't carry it. So I guess no "Must Carry" claim and no retrans consent granted.

ke4pym
Premium
join:2004-07-24
Charlotte, NC
Reviews:
·VOIPO
·ooma
·Verizon Broadban..
·Northland Cable ..
·Time Warner Cable
reply to Steve Mehs

said by Steve Mehs:

DirecTV doesn't carry sub channels,

That's not entirely true. We've got a sub-channel of a couple PBS stations here. Not sure how they managed to work that out, versus say, the local ABC affl. who has a ton of sub channels that don't make it to DTV.
Expand your moderator at work

Nuckfuts
Premium
join:2003-10-18
Joliet, IL
reply to ke4pym

Re: [DIRECTV] Metv

I have METV here with D*.