spc
uniqs
aabaaf
join:2011-12-09
Wheaton, IL

aabaaf to gate1975mlm

to gate1975mlm

Re: [X1] Xfinity X1 now available to New Customers

I just found out I qualify to get the X1 service. I have questions about the X1 Anyroom DVR service. Can a satellite terminal:

1) Setup recordings?

2) Delete recordings?

Also can you have a mix of X1 and non X1 DVR's? If they all have to be X1, can you have 1 X1 talk to the satellite and not to the other X1 DVR. Thus has it be by itself.
novanosis
join:2011-02-21

novanosis

said by aabaaf:

I just found out I qualify to get the X1 service. I have questions about the X1 Anyroom DVR service. Can a satellite terminal:

1) Setup recordings?

2) Delete recordings?

Also can you have a mix of X1 and non X1 DVR's? If they all have to be X1, can you have 1 X1 talk to the satellite and not to the other X1 DVR. Thus has it be by itself.

Share Recordings- Watch in Multiple Rooms - HD Quality

With X1 DVR, customers can now enjoy a whole home DVR experience on the X1 Platform from XFINITY:

Manage, schedule, and play back recordings across all X1 Platform from XFINITY set-top boxes.
You can begin watching a recorded program on one TV in your home, pause or stop it, and then continue viewing it where you left off in another room.
You can watch up to three recordings in other rooms all at the same time; any program, at any point in the playback.
Someone's halfway through watching a movie you wanted to watch? No problem - go to another room and restart it from the beginning. It doesn't impact the other person at all.
You can both watch the same movie at the same time, and pause, rewind and fast-forward independently.
You can also watch three different recordings in two different rooms at the same time, pause, rewind and fast forward independently.
novanosis

novanosis to aabaaf

to aabaaf
said by aabaaf:

1) Setup recordings?

2) Delete recordings?

From what I'm hearing they prefer all boxes be X2, but I know it will work having different boxes. When it comes to the any room feature you DO need all boxes to be X1. If you prefer to have more than 1 X1 DVR plus terminals you can.
For example,

X1 DVR in the den

X1 DVR in the living room

X1 terminal in the bedroom

X1 terminal in the kids room

X1 terminal in the kitchen

With that setup you need to know which X1 DVR you want to use as your main HUB, you cannot have two X1 dvrs connected. After you choose the designated HUB say in the living room. Well the technician will install a 2nd mocha filter right behind the DVR in the den.

I hope that makes sense.

Also with the any room X1 DVRs you can now have up to 4 terminals plus the DVR. They say 5 will work but they don't offer that unless you are a "political leader" lol, or cry enough to someone in management .