All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

bigdaddy
join:2009-11-18

bigdaddy

[VOD] MoviePlexPlay ?

When is VZ FiOS getting MoviePlexPlay web access and Apple IOS and Android access ?

Thanks. BD
tnsprin
join:2003-07-23
Bradenton, FL

tnsprin

From what I can tell this is a web service. Many TV's, Blu-ray boxes, Roku, etc., might offer this. I don't expect FIOS to specifically offer it, but who knows.
kes601
join:2007-04-14
Virginia Beach, VA

1 edit

kes601

It's something ISPs sign up for. If you go to Login it shows Cox and U-Verse (maybe one other) offer it. But to me it competes against FlexView and RedBox Instant, so I doubt they'll ever offer it.

bigdaddy

bigdaddy

VZ already has Encoreplay and Starzplay but not Movieplexplay. My Question was about the latter not being available yet and any ETA on it's arrival.
kes601
join:2007-04-14
Virginia Beach, VA

kes601

Does movieplex go along with an actual channel? I know Encore and Starz do.
PJL
join:2008-07-24
Long Beach, CA

1 edit

PJL to bigdaddy

to bigdaddy
said by bigdaddy:

VZ already has Encoreplay and Starzplay but not Movieplexplay. My Question was about the latter not being available yet and any ETA on it's arrival.

Encoreplay and Starzplay are available with Verizon because they already carry the Encore and Starz premium channels and therefore offer it to subscribers of those channels, just like HBO and HBOGo, Cinemax and MaxGo, Showtime and Showtime Anywhere, etc. This is not the case with MoviePlexPlay.

I think kes06 has the right answer.

bohratom
My Jersey Giants finally winning again..
join:2011-07-07
Red Bank NJ

bohratom to bigdaddy

to bigdaddy
Movieplex is a seperate channel owned by Starz and has its own carriage fee. Movieplexplay will not be available until FIOS carries the movieplex channel. Someone in the official Verizon forums asked about this last year and a rep from Verizon replied "At this time FIOS has no plan to carry the channel".

bigdaddy

bigdaddy

Oh I see thank's Guy's.